1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 22:31
    Those who would play me on RHP....do not give me the chance to crush a skull. I will do it, every time, without hesitation or mercy. I'll probably have a huge smile on my face as the bones crack.

And messages and pansy behavior like this...

http://oi43.tinypic.com/nw105k.jpg

...only serves to entertain me.
  2. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 22:36
    POW!
  3. Joined
    04 Nov '08
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 22:52
    Do you get the same satisfaction if in the first 3 moves?
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 22:531 edit
    Originally posted by Habeascorp
    Do you get the same satisfaction if in the first 3 moves?
    Yes. No such thing as a bad skull. That will teach them to start a game and walk away before it even gets out of the opening.
  5. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    20 Nov '13 23:59
    Interesting how the other guy has only lost 3 games via timeout, but has claimed 16 skulls himself. He apparently has no qualms when it's the other guy's skull. What a hypocrite.
  6. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 00:114 edits
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    Interesting how the other guy has only lost 3 games via timeout, but has claimed 16 skulls himself. He apparently has no qualms when it's the other guy's skull. What a hypocrite.
    It's sore-loser-ship, which is common to all chess sites. What is not common on other chess sites is people suggesting you should not enforce a time control.

I would say that more than half the time I win by timeout here, I get a whiny message about it the next day.
  7. Joined
    03 Aug '12
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 01:22
    I'm with you SG. If opponents don't like the time control of a specific game then they should not start it.

After all if it was OTB on a clock you run out of time you lose, end of story
  8. e4
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 03:06
    I take them all the time.
    Once I sent a warning because I knew the guy.
    He never answered me within the hour - so crunch!

I don't mention I take skulls on my profile can't see why I need to.

Russ should put on a feature where you hear a tune everytime you crunch a skull.
    I'm thinking The Colonel Bogey March would be apt.
  9. Joined
    14 Nov '13
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 04:17
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Those who would play me on RHP....do not give me the chance to crush a skull. I will do it, every time, without hesitation or mercy. I'll probably have a huge smile on my face as the bones crack.

And messages and pansy behavior like this...

http://oi43.tinypic.com/nw105k.jpg

...only serves to entertain me.
    So he basically ignored you because you played by the rules?

Out of curiosity, what is the etiquette for playing a game, say in blitz that is clearly positionally lost or materially lost but you can win on a time control? Is that considered fair still, or kinda frowned on?
  10. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 04:42
    I'd say VR is the TO King.
    User 290926

What kind of a person takes time out wins?
    The same kind that will set up and execute cheap traps.
    My kind of chess player.
    WTG SG!!
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 06:141 edit
    Originally posted by iChess87
    So he basically ignored you because you played by the rules?

Out of curiosity, what is the etiquette for playing a game, say in blitz that is clearly positionally lost or materially lost but you can win on a time control? Is that considered fair still, or kinda frowned on?
    It's fair. If the player with the advantage on the board has not left themselves enough time to actually win the game, then that is their error. This applies to any time control, not just blitz.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 11:44
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    User 290926

My kind of chess player.
    WTG SG!!
    The real question is do you pat yourself on the back after winning against a guy like that who is in the middle of 300 other games? You just won a guy playing a huge simul.
  13. Planet Earth , Mwy
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 12:04
    SwissGambit is of course correct in that all games are in fact already lost if and when the time out controls set for the game have been exceeded. Having personally played on this site for many years and elsewhere online I have claimed in earlier years but a handful of skulls where the opponents have not responded to my personal message reminders. As a consequence of engine users and other TOS violators I now decline to play any rated chess games on any website but will still claim my right to the skull if I do not receive a response within 3 days as this makes starting a new game impossible. As a former subscriber I no longer do so as I see no logical reason why I should pay to lose games to a chess programme user, All time controls being set before the start of a game each player knows the time available for moves and must always expect to lose the game when agreed time elapses. Those who ever complain about this are complaining about what they have already agreed to!---------REC.
  14. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 12:51
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    User 290926

My kind of chess player.
    WTG SG!!
    No such thing as a cheap trap. It is either positionally sound or it's not. It either works or it doesn't.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Nov '13 16:311 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    No such thing as a cheap trap. It is either positionally sound or it's not. It either works or it doesn't.
    This is a bit of a gray area. Mikhail Tal joked that 'there are two types of sacrifices: sound, and mine.' Sometimes moves that are objectively unsound nevertheless work against a human opponent, who may not be able to find the refutation with the clock ticking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree