1. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 14:01
    I don't remember reading about rook lifts when I was a beginner back in the early 80s. In fact it's only in the last few years that I've started thinking about the possibilities of playing one in my own games. Anyway, please post any games of yours where a rook lift played a significant part to this thread. Here is one to kick it off. I haven't annotated it because there's not much to it, just a brutal attack on the White king and to hell with the queenside.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 16:02
    Originally posted by Data Fly
    I don't remember reading about rook lifts when I was a beginner back in the early 80s. In fact it's only in the last few years that I've started thinking about the possibilities of playing one in my own games. Anyway, please post any games of yours where a rook lift played a significant part to this thread. Here is one to kick it off. I haven't annotated it ...[text shortened]... e there's not much to it, just a brutal attack on the White king and to hell with the queenside.
    Hah. Did that this afternoon. Mated the club champ with it, as black in an irregular Reveal Hidden Content
    why do no lower-end club players ever play a regular one?
    Sicilian. I took his h-pawn with my queen, then backrank-mated him with my lifted rook. Admittedly it was a two-player simul - we had an odd number of players present - but I'm still chuffed about it. I'm finally getting slightly better at this game, at least OTB - now all I have to do is improve my RHP play as well 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree