1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 02:53
    I had a Jewish friend who was shagging a Rabbi at every opportunity. She
    told me that the nowhere in the OT does it say sex before marriage is wrong.

So my question is; why was it wrong after Jesus?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 03:063 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59

Go back and ask your friend what she thinks about Genesis 34. There Dinah, the daughter of Jacob was raped by a Hivite young man who then fell in love with her. He wanted to marry her and sought permission from Jacob and family.

But Jacob's sons being Dinah's brothers were infuriated and said that such things should not be done -

"And Dinah the daughter of Leah, whom she had borne to Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land.

And when Schechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, the prince of the land, saw her, he took her and lay with her and humbled her. And his soul clung to Dinah the daughter of Jacob, and he loved the girl and spoke affectionately to the girl." (v.1,2)

... "And the sons of Jacob came in from the field when they heard of it. And the men were grieved and became very angry, because he had committed folly in Israel by lying with Jacob's daughter, for such a thing ought not be done." (v.7)

... "And they said, Should he treat our sister like a harlot?" (v.31)

Tell her to ask her rabbi friend what he thought about those passages.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 03:25

I'm guessing the Rabbi can't find any scriptures that would interfere with the shagging.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 04:131 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Go back and ask your friend what she thinks about Genesis 34. There Dinah, the daughter of Jacob was raped ...
    { sudden loss of applicability detected }
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 04:15
    Go back and ask your friend what she thinks about [b]Genesis 34. There Dinah, the daughter of Jacob was raped by a Hivite young man who then fell in love with her. He wanted to marry her and sought permission from Jacob and family.

But Jacob's sons being Dinah's brothers were infuriated and said that such things should not be done -

"And Dinah ...[text shortened]... a harlot?" (v.31)

Tell her to ask her rabbi friend what he thought about those passages.[/b]
    I suspect he would ask what that passage has to do with sex before marriage being a sin.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 06:06
    I suspect he would ask what that passage has to do with sex before marriage being a sin.
    In their culture, the brothers see fornication by the man with their sister as the same as treating their sister like a harlot and they give the blame to the man. In Muslim culture, if the same thing were to happen, then the sister would be blamed and punished for disgracing their family.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 07:28
    There Dinah, the daughter of Jacob was raped by a Hivite young man ....
    The verse you quote says nothing of rape.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 07:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The verse you quote says nothing of rape.
    I believe this was a case of seduction. The couple seem to be in love and just went too far.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 10:09

Don't you know that the Bible teaches that sex before marriage is required? It's against the law to get married before having sex. There are no moral guidelines concerning any human behavior at all in fact.

Do what you want, that's what the Bible teaches! God doesn't care, nor does He know what's best for us in this life. What God really wants is to see you suffer failure and live a miserable life.
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 20:38
    do the christians who dont believe in sex before marriage not place any importance on a couple having a good sexual connection? is it possible to find out if you have a good connection without having sex?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 20:511 edit
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    do the christians who dont believe in sex before marriage not place any importance on a couple having a good sexual connection? is it possible to find out if you have a good connection without having sex?
    Yes you spend time with the person getting to know them as a person.😲
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 21:03

Jews are not Christians and do not accept the NT as authoritative.

Come on dude...
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 23:09
    Originally posted by josephw
    Don't you know that the Bible teaches that sex before marriage is required? It's against the law to get married before having sex. There are no moral guidelines concerning any human behavior at all in fact.

Do what you want, that's what the Bible teaches! God doesn't care, nor does He know what's best for us in this life. What God really wants is to see you suffer failure and live a miserable life.
    Why did Christianity introduce the no sex before marriage rule?i
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 23:10
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Jews are not Christians and do not accept the NT as authoritative.

Come on dude...
    My Jewish friend certainly didn't!
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 03:55
    There's an OT law commanding women to get stoned if she's not a virgin when she's married. So no sex before marriage existed before Christianity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree