1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 12:121 edit
    I did an informal study using Superantispyware, my system, Dell dual core, 4 gigs ram, 64 bit.

So first I went to Google home page and out, no cookies.

Next, I went to google, then RHP, no cookies.

Then google, plus APOD (astronomy pic. of the day), no cookies.

And no surprise, google, plus CNN home page. 5 cookies.

Then Google, CNN home page, plus looking at one news story, 7 cookies.

It seems clear the more commercial the site, the more cookies. No big surprise but I wanted to know how many they stuck on your system.

This test didn't take as long as I thought, with my rig, superantispyware runs through its entire test in less than 10 minuets, pretty fast I thought.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 14:10
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I did an informal study using Superantispyware, my system, Dell dual core, 4 gigs ram, 64 bit.

Then Google, CNN home pag ...[text shortened]... g, superantispyware runs through its entire test in less than 10 minuets, pretty fast I thought.
    One surprise, in a discussion with RJ Hinds in the spiritual forum, we talked about the retina and the fact that humans have blood vessels in front of the cones and rods. He posted a bit about a new discovery in that field about a retinal cell called Muller cells. So I did a google search for Muller cells and found a medical site talking about the function of those cells. It turned out, I did my cookie check and that site which I thought would be cookie free actually gave me 8 cookies. More than watching a story on CNN.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 14:572 edits
    For the record, please no one block cookies for this site and then send site feedback saying they can't log in. Just getting that out there.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 16:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    For the record, please no one block cookies for this site and then send site feedback they can't log in. Just getting that out there.
    It's funny, Superantispyware did not detect cookies for this site or APOD.
  5. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 16:52
    It's funny, Superantispyware did not detect cookies for this site or APOD.
    You are understanding it wrong. Any sites that store any local data will use cookies (e.g. your log in information for RHP).

Looks like superantispyware is only flagging cookies that it deems non-beneficial to the user but beneficial to the sites for marketing purposes (the ones that you have to agree to on many sites).
  6. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 17:01

Then Google, CNN home pag ...[text shortened]... g, superantispyware runs through its entire test in less than 10 minuets, pretty fast I thought.
    if i get sent cookies,
    i will eat them...
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 19:45
    Got milk?
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Nov '14 19:53
    http://www.harryanddavid.com/h/bakery/cookies-brownies/24076?ref=google_pla&offer=bud&cm_mmc=nontm-_-google_pla-_-PLA-_-24076X&gclid=CNzVrea8jMICFQUIaQod-FEAlg

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree