1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 19:161 edit
    Snake handling. What our your thoughts? I personally wouldn't do it. You could shortten your life and die before your appointed time.

One of my pastors started in Columbia and was first going to go to an Asian country but felt lead to go to Columbia. He heard The Lord tell him that there is no stray bullet for a Christian as long as he is doing God's will. And if you are living in sins you could possibly die before your appointed time.

http://www.eternallifeblog.com/2014/02/17/jamie-coots-snake-handling-fatality/
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '14 20:282 edits
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Snake handling. What our your thoughts? I personally wouldn't do it.

Since you ask:

I think it's one of the most stupid things a person can do. It's pathetically self-serving to the point that I almost want the idiots to get bitten. It has no place in Christian witnessing and anyone who thinks it does needs a massive punch in the face before he even gets out of bed in the morning.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 01:08
    Snake handling. What our your thoughts? I personally wouldn't do it. You could shortten your life and die before your appointed time.

One of my pastors started in Columbia and was first going to go to an Asian country but felt lead to go to Columbia. He heard The Lord tell him that there is no stray bullet for a Christian as long as he is doing God's will. ...[text shortened]... ppointed time.

I am all for anything that weeds stupidity out of the gene pool. If you're dumb enough to pick up a lethally poisonous snake on purpose, your 'appointed time' cannot come too soon.

Praise the Lord and pass the Pythons.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 02:01
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I am all for anything that weeds stupidity out of the gene pool. If you're dumb enough to pick up a lethally poisonous snake on purpose, your 'appointed time' cannot come too soon.

Praise the Lord and pass the Pythons.
    Pass the Python, Monty.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 02:331 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 03:44
    Stupid is what it is LOL 🙂 Be like I think if you wanna be dumb enough to play with snakes that can kill you be my guest

Manny
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 03:58
    Originally posted by menace71
    Stupid is what it is LOL 🙂 Be like I think if you wanna be dumb enough to play with snakes that can kill you be my guest

Manny
    One must have correct knowledge, if one wishes to play with snakes. The Lord says, "My people perish for lack of knowledge."
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 04:18
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Yeah, thought of that, but Pythons flows so nicely with the sentence that I could not bring myself to change it.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 04:26
    Yeah, thought of that, but Pythons flows so nicely with the sentence that I could not bring myself to change it.
    And we would have missed out on the Monty Python joke.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Feb '14 07:37
    If you're dumb enough to pick up a lethally poisonous snake on purpose, your 'appointed time' cannot come too soon.
    There are no poisonous snakes in the world.
    Only venomous ones.

The Pedant 😏
  11. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 05:17
    Snake Handling is not a requirement, nor is it a normal Godly action. Even when Paul was bitten by a viper, he did not keep on holding it.
    Acts 28: 3-5 - King James Version

Second, you can live in God's will and certainly die. Look at the Apostles, and Stephen.
    Acts 7:59, Acts 8: 2 - King James Version
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '14 07:47
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Snake Handling is not a requirement, nor is it a normal Godly action. Even when Paul was bitten by a viper, he did not keep on holding it.
    Acts 28: 3-5 - King James Version

Second, you can live in God's will and certainly die. Look at the Apostles, and Stephen.
    Acts 7:59, Acts 8: 2 - King James Version
    If some christians handles snakes and see this as a christian deed - then it must be a chrsistian deed, becuase christians don't lie, do they?
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 14:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If some christians handles snakes and see this as a christian deed - then it must be a chrsistian deed, becuase christians don't lie, do they?
    Christians aren't perfect, just forgiven. 😉 Not that you haven't heard that one before.
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 14:33

One of my pastors started in Columbia and was first going to go to an Asian country but felt lead to go to Columbia. He heard The Lord tell him that there is no stray bullet for a Christian as long as he is doing God's will. ...[text shortened]... ppointed time.

The Lord sent me to Kentucky back in the early 80's. While there He had me go to many different churches - to learn to understand them. Of those, i went to one called the Holy Ghost Church. Snake handlers. I didn't know it was that until the snakes came out, i nearly busted out laughing. Other than the snakes, at least the message was good.

I did find it interesting, the older men would always hold the largest snakes. And after talking to an ex-snake handler, he told me the younger snakes have a more potent bite.
  15. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    16 Mar '14 14:42
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Please, Fabian, are you being silly? Christians lie like a rug, as do most people.
    There are a few like my dad, but they are a rare breed.

Snake handling is not my cup of tea. But if you are brought up in that church, and it is what you know, then it is what you believe until proven otherwise.

There are some Christian churches that are big on the Holy Spirit too, and others that nearly condemn the same.

In the scriptures, it is written, some only drink milk and others only eat meat and yet others eat everything. Those of us that eat everything are told not to condemn those who only believe they can drink milk and so on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree