1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 14:021 edit
    One day passed, and things overall seem to be going pretty well for this month. I saw some strongly worded posts, but actual rudeness toward anyone. But then again, I haven't read every post.

So.....how'd you on the first day of August? Did you find this day difficult? Was there a time when you thought "man, I could get this person good with an insult", but resisted the urge? Was anyone rude to you, but you were able to be the bigger person?

Please, please, PLEASE don't mention any actual names of any posters or even the thread; just let me know your experience.

And keep up the good work.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 14:07
    Originally posted by vivify
    One day passed, and things overall seem to be going pretty well for this month. I saw some strongly worded posts, but actual rudeness toward anyone. But then again, I haven't read every post.

So.....how'd you on the first day of August? Did you find this day difficult? Was there a time when you thought "man, I could get this person good with an insult" ...[text shortened]... ny posters or even the thread; just let me know your experience.

I had to put some thought into a post or two to make sure it didn't come out as the person
    I was talking to was the issue. I think it is to easy to do that without even trying.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 14:15
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I had to put some thought into a post or two to make sure it didn't come out as the person
    I was talking to was the issue. I think it is to easy to do that without even trying.
    Cool. In a post on the August thread, you said that this may be "harder" than you originally thought. Glad to see it wasn't.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 15:11
    Cool. In a post on the August thread, you said that this may be "harder" than you originally thought. Glad to see it wasn't.
    So far the Duke has kept a cool head, even though one dude started blowing kisses.

😉
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 15:20

So.....how'd you on the first day of August? Did you find this day difficult? Was there a time when you thought "man, I could get this person good with an insult" ...[text shortened]... ny posters or even the thread; just let me know your experience.

I haven't much of a problem. I try to remember this..
    Prov 13:10
    Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.
    KJV

I know that it is only pride that causes much of man's problems. It required much introspection on my part. But if anyone really thinks about it, anger and conflict are due to pride. In this setting (forum) we tend to think "How dare this person to disagree with my view?"
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 16:56

People keep telling me hurtful things. I just cant take it anymore.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 17:101 edit

I made a thread inspired sumwat by yours on august 1st, but alas only twitehead seems keen ...
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 18:36
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    So far the Duke has kept a cool head, even though one dude started blowing kisses.

😉
    Ha,
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 18:42
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    People keep telling me hurtful things. I just cant take it anymore.
    Wow. Sorry that happened. I applaud you for at least attempting to remain civil.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 19:10
    Wow. Sorry that happened. I applaud you for at least attempting to remain civil.
    I suspect the rascal is deploying gentle sarcasm.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 19:34
    I suspect the rascal is deploying gentle sarcasm.
    Gotcha.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 20:28
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Hi Kelly, are you going to talk to me this month or continue to ignore me? What do I need to do for you to be nice to me?
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 20:47
    Gotcha.
    I've tasted my own medicine and it's bitter.
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 20:57
    I've tasted my own medicine and it's bitter.
    No, I meant "gotcha" as in "I understand you. I got what you're saying."
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Aug '15 21:201 edit
    Suppose this extra niceness causes the Forum to get boring .. what then?

What is the priority around here .. nice/civil or exciting .. both may not be possible.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree