1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 01:56
    socialite
    ˈsəʊʃəlʌɪt
    noun
    a person who is well known in fashionable society and is fond of social activities and entertainment.

I'm sort of interested to find out how many socialites there are in the world's top cities? How many can any city support relative to its population? What's good and bad about them? What about socialites in regional, and even rural areas? Perhaps you are a socialite (yeah, right). Or maybe one of your near neighbours is one. Are they an irritant, an enjoyable diversion, a source of true joy, or just an inevitable social phenomenon that life just wouldn't be the same without?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 02:51
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    socialite
    ˈsəʊʃəlʌɪt
    noun
    a person who is well known in fashionable society and is fond of social activities and entertainment.

I'm sort of interested to find out how many socialites there are in the world's top cities? How many can any city support relative to its population? What's good and bad about them? What about socialites in regional, a ...[text shortened]... f true joy, or just an inevitable social phenomenon that life just wouldn't be the same without?
    Well, they give money to charities and get noticed in the "Style" section.
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 03:01
    Originally posted by JS357
    Well, they give money to charities and get noticed in the "Style" section.
    Which newspapers do you read, out of curiosity?
  4. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    16 Dec '14 22:45
    socialite. Not a good question to ask on a chess site since most of us are on the autistic spectrum. Try writing in to Tatler.

Anyway I always thought it was someone at parties who makes it to the toilet before
    throwing up. Posh boogers.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Which newspapers do you read, out of curiosity?
    One that has a Style section.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree