1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 08:48
    Amid the tension in the middle east, partisan bickering, economic unrest etc. is the simple and good things around us. I just finished restoring an old table and chair set, harvesting, drying and storing some sage, and other herbs for cooking this winter. It's great when you can take the time to do things the way you want. A little quiet time away from the problems of the world is a nice thing. Sometimes we forget the simple and quiet blessings of life...
  2. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 16:48
    Originally posted by bill718
    Amid the tension in the middle east, partisan bickering, economic unrest etc. is the simple and good things around us. I just finished restoring an old table and chair set, harvesting, drying and storing some sage, and other herbs for cooking this winter. It's great when you can take the time to do things the way you want. A little quiet time away from the p ...[text shortened]... ems of the world is a nice thing. Sometimes we forget the simple and quiet blessings of life...
    I think you are right and that the little things that effect us (good and bad) are often far more significant to an individual than the front page news.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 19:29
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I think you are right and that the little things that effect us (good and bad) are often far more significant to an individual than the front page news.
    🙂
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 19:56
    Amid the tension in the middle east, partisan bickering, economic unrest etc. is the simple and good things around us. I just finished restoring an old table and chair set, harvesting, drying and storing some sage, and other herbs for cooking this winter. It's great when you can take the time to do things the way you want. A little quiet time away from the p ...[text shortened]... ems of the world is a nice thing. Sometimes we forget the simple and quiet blessings of life...
    Yep.
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 20:15
    Case in point. My wife had hip surgery about a week ago, and is facing a long recovery where she'll need physical therapy and will be on crutches or a walker for a weeks.

She put some weight on that leg today and took a little tentative step.

This was a big deal around here.
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 20:38
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Case in point. My wife had hip surgery about a week ago, and is facing a long recovery where she'll need physical therapy and will be on crutches or a walker for a weeks.

She put some weight on that leg today and took a little tentative step.

This was a big deal around here.
    It definitely is a big deal!

Congrats to your wife! Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree