1. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 16:291 edit
    Instead of blog – RHP ch 2013

I made through Ist round and it was as following.

On this tournament I suffered my first ever defeat on RHP, against ParShooter.

White moves:::

The routine if I st round on RHP championships – so much I learned – always consists of bunch of easy wins at the beginning.

Or

Or

Or

I didn’t get through alone, I tied with scottmd64 with whom I played 1-1 (my second ever defeat here).

I was check-mated in first game as White.

I didn’t see it coming in this position:

Whole game:::

I revenged in this game as Black:::

Toward the end of 1st round I was so eager to move through to the 2nd round that I followed the rest of the games. I noticed that if pitstop1 as Black wins scottmd64 so he and I go to the 2nd Round.

I saw this position
    scottmd64 is White and pitstop1 is Black:::

I wrote a silly private message to pitstop1 asking him to "play carefully" (ha ha!) because he had advantage and if he wins so I’d go through to 2nd Round.

And i got a glorious answer which I definitely deserved:

“Dear Mr. vanderv…what so ever, I hereby promise not to make a move when I am not sober, but it will be more difficult to play now, when I know that I am being watched…” (!!; great answer).

But he won the game after all::::

In the 2nd Round I had suffered between the others such defeats as this one (I am Black)…:::

2. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 11:40
    Is there a rule against messaging someone during a game?
    Some may view it as "coaching", even if the comments are not instructive, they could still encourage a player to take extra care, maybe hinting towards danger, a second glance etc.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 13:10
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    Is there a rule against messaging someone during a game?
    Some may view it as "coaching", even if the comments are not instructive, they could still encourage a player to take extra care, maybe hinting towards danger, a second glance etc.
    Yes.
    You're not allowed to comment or give advice on any ongoing game.
  4. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 19:33
    Thought so, thanks Dave.

Btw vandervelde, congrats on your performance, I'm sure it must have taken a long time for you to copy-paste all your games into one single post for us all to see... so convenient 🙂

What would have been even better is if you were to perhaps show fewer games
    and instead only show one or two of your more instructive games.

It also wouldn't hurt to include some annotations to help out.

Here's an example, one of my games from the RHP championship rd. 1
    I play White

OK, so my annotations are not exactly GM standard... but they don't have to be.
    I usually aim to be instructive towards the "average" player - beginner to intermediate.

Good luck in round 2 🙂
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 19:58
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    Thought so, thanks Dave.

Btw vandervelde, congrats on your performance, I'm sure it must have taken a long time for you to copy-paste all your games into one single post for us all to see... so convenient 🙂

What would have been even better is if you were to perhaps show fewer games
    and instead only show one or two of your more instructive gam ...[text shortened]... instructive towards the "average" player - beginner to intermediate.

Good luck in round 2 🙂
    Nice one Zak
    You'll be rivalling G.P next!!
  6. San Francisco, CA US
    Moves
    21 Jul '14 00:03
    ParShooter played the "Copenhagen Defense" in this game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree