1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 06:181 edit
    This isn't an accusation ... I am just trying to figure out why User 328857 's graph starts wildly fluctuating like a provisional player even though he's not. It happens after he leaves the site and times out in all his games. At first, it's a steady downward slope, and right after it hits around 1550, chaos ensues.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 07:371 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    This isn't an accusation ... I am just trying to figure out why User 328857 's graph starts wildly fluctuating like a provisional player even though he's not. It happens after he leaves the site and times out in all his games. At first, it's a steady downward slope, and right after it hits around 1550, chaos ensues.
    must be some crazy dynamics thrown up by the algorithm used to create the graph me thinks.
  3. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 07:38
    Glitch.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 07:39
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Glitch.
    snitch!
  5. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 08:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    snitch!
    Do you even know the meaning of "glitch"?

Bigot
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 10:121 edit
    He won a bunch of games after leaving the site. Tournament games time out automatically, he had some long timebank games against 1700+ players where they'd left the site before he did. For some reason the system was changing his rating by over 200 points for each of these games. Possibly they added some kind of system that makes inactive player's accounts behave like provisional ones to prevent rating inflation over the site?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 10:46
    Do you even know the meaning of "glitch"?

Bigot
    gee i dunno, maybe i should ask my kid what he calls it when something unusual happens when hes playing the xbox 360, then ill get you to snitch it to the developers,
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 13:45
    Bitch
    Sorry I thought this was the WAG.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 15:46
    I think I figured it out. It's a problem with sorting on the graph. The games are simply in the wrong order.

All the games in the 'chaos' period finished on the same day. They apparently were all losses by timeout - even the ones where the graph goes up are losses.
  10. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 17:34
    I think I figured it out. It's a problem with sorting on the graph. The games are simply in the wrong order.

All the games in the 'chaos' period finished on the same day. They apparently were all losses by timeout - even the ones where the graph goes up are losses.
    Yes I believe you are correct. It seems like the only logical explanation to the issue. I have wondered what caused this to happen on other rating graphs.
  11. Joined
    07 Jun '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '13 18:16
    Yes I believe you are correct. It seems like the only logical explanation to the issue. I have wondered what caused this to happen on other rating graphs.
    Pretty certain you are right Swiss. It is the only explanation that makes sense. I bumped into the same thing when looking at people dumping lots of games at once.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Sep '13 03:44
    Maybe the guy died.

The instructor
  13. Joined
    06 Feb '13
    Moves
    04 Sep '13 15:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Maybe the guy died.

The instructor
    Yeah yeah... Hilarious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree