1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 18:171 edit
    Republicans, smelling blood in the water due to the botched website of the affordable care act have lost sight of it's many benefits, both to taxpayers and citizens. I would invite those tempted to "pile on" and dismiss the affordable care act as unnecessary, to please read through the information in these links. This law saves taxpayers billions in Medicare costs, closes a badly needed prescription drug loophole, and increases efforts to fight fraud among other things. There will always be those so blinded by hate that they will focus only on it's flaws, and ignore it's many good points.

I would remind everyone there is no such thing as a perfect healthcare system, but suggest that our old system that was designed to benefit mostly insurance companies and HMO's left many people without badly needed coverage, this law helps close this coverage gap while saving taxpayers billions.

Most industrialized countries provide free healthcare to their citizens. It is sad that America, with all it's wealth, is so dominated by multi-billion dollar corporations and their headlong pursuit of profits, that it cannot do the same.

http://www.cms.gov/apps/docs/ACA-Update-Implementing-Medicare-Costs-Savings.pdf

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/03/21/affordable-care-act-3-increased-savings-seniors

http://www.cms.gov/apps/files/ACA-savings-report-2012.pdf
  2. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 18:262 edits
    Originally posted by bill718
    Republicans, smelling blood in the water due to the botched website of the affordable care act have lost sight of it's many benefits, both to taxpayers and citizens. I would invite those tempted to "pile on" and dismiss the affordable care act as unnecessary, to please read through the information in these links. This law saves taxpayers billions in Medicare ...[text shortened]... are-act-3-increased-savings-seniors

http://www.cms.gov/apps/files/ACA-savings-report-2012.pdf
    Have you signed up for Obama care bill718 ?

edit: if so, tell us of your experience please.
    if not, why ?
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 18:35
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Have you signed up for Obama care bill718 ?

edit: if so, tell us of your experience please.
    if not, why ?
    Yes I have, it's available through my own state website. (Pretty easy process too!)
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 18:41
    Yes I have, it's available through my own state website. (Pretty easy process too!)
    Day one ?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 18:43
    You think the blood in the water is the web site?

You need to quit drinking Obama's Kool-aid.
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 18:46
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Day one ?
    Signed up last week. It took about 5 min. My kept insurance coverage at work. Nothing changed except some increased Medicare benefits a few years from now.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 18:47
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You think the blood in the water is the web site?

You need to quit drinking Obama's Kool-aid.
    You need to do less name calling, and start reading.
  8. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 19:58
    If that's true you must be the ONLY PERSON IN AMERICA that it happened to.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 21:24
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    If that's true you must be the ONLY PERSON IN AMERICA that it happened to.
    That MUST be the case so it IS the case. Is that how it works?
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    09 Nov '13 21:29
    ....provide free healthcare to their citizens.
    Bill, it's never 'free' please do not propagate, repeat or through immense acts of willful ignorance attempt to believe this lie yourself.

Someone always pays, either yourself after filtering your hard earned through numerous guvamint buratcracies or you make others pay under threat of force. For it to be defined as free it needs to be freely given, you know, that admirable human trait 'benevolence', which the guvamint at every turn deters, Obamacare being just one more nail in the coffin.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Nov '13 21:321 edit
    You need to do less name calling, and start reading.
    I called someone a name?

I've read plenty of stories of how people are losing their benefits and having to buy a much more expensive insurance package if they want insurance. I've also read stories about how nearly 80% of those without insurance will not buy what Obama is offering.

Perhaps you need to read something other than what Obama's propaganda machine is putting out.

I just read this story:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/north-dakota-35-people-sign-obamacare-and-35000-lose-health-insurance_766531.html
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 16:48
    http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/11/12/calif-insurance-commissioner-more-than-1m-californians-having-insurance-cancelled-due-to-obamacare/

You should read that one. More than a million Californians lose health insurance due to "the Affordable Care Act". Lol! Obamacare, perfect name for such a train wreck.
  13. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 18:13
    Uh, Bill. Fourteen Democrat Senators in swing states went to the White House last week to "express their concerns". Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) has sponsored a bill that would allow Americans to keep their existing health care plan. Democrat Congressmen are going to cosponsor the same bill.

Bill books can and will be written on how badly this law was conceived, written, and implemented. The website is only the beginning. God help Obama if he gets the website fully functional by November 30. If that happens, people who do try to sign up are going to find out the truth - that the premiums they're going to pay will be much higher.

Bill - Jon Stewart of all people has eaten Obama alive over this. Both sides are predicting repeal. And someday, someone will ask why Obama engaged in a needless political fight over not delaying the ACA when a delay was precisely what he needed. But that question will be asked only after America gets the satisfactory answer it is demanding over why Obama lied to the American public over thirty times. And then, people are going to want to know what else Obama lied about - Benghazi, the IRS scandal, Fast and Furious, for starters.

Time to admit the truth Bill. This has been a debacle of the first water. The law isn't just deeply flawed - it's fundamentally and fatally flawed. My guess is that the votes to "fix" the law will not be forthcoming from the House. That means only one possibility - repeal.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 18:29
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Uh, Bill. Fourteen Democrat Senators in swing states went to the White House last week to "express their concerns". Senator Mary Landrieu (D-LA) has sponsored a bill that would allow Americans to keep their existing health care plan. Democrat Congressmen are going to cosponsor the same bill.

Bill books can and will be written on how badly this l ...[text shortened]... "fix" the law will not be forthcoming from the House. That means only one possibility - repeal.
    Surely a repeal will be vetoed by the White House?

It seems more likely there will be a change to the law which would allow people to keep their old plans, at least for some time, while making sure new plans comply with the new law.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Nov '13 18:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Surely a repeal will be vetoed by the White House?

It seems more likely there will be a change to the law which would allow people to keep their old plans, at least for some time, while making sure new plans comply with the new law.
    Obama will only be in office a couple of more years. A repeal can happen any time a Republican is in office. Of course we'll have to see if a Republican really wants to repeal it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree