1. Maryland
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 11:09
    Wandering in a vast forest at night, I have only a faint light to guide me. A stranger appears and says to me: 'My friend, you should blow out your candle in order to find your way more clearly.' This stranger is a theologian.

—Denis Diderot, Addition to Philosophical Thoughts (c. 1762)
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 11:13
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Wandering in a vast forest at night, I have only a faint light to guide me. A stranger appears and says to me: 'My friend, you should blow out your candle in order to find your way more clearly.' This stranger is a theologian.

—Denis Diderot, Addition to Philosophical Thoughts (c. 1762)
    Ineffective, weak faith is indeed akin to a measly candle, and serves only to confuse the way ahead.

Some, however, have a faith more akin to aircraft landing lights. In that kind of light, the way ahead is clear.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 11:36
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Some, however, have a faith more akin to aircraft landing lights. In that kind of light, the way ahead is clear.
    Dasa has faith "akin to aircraft landing lights". So did the people of the Peoples Temple in 1978. I had a friend who got mixed up in Scientology because of his "aircraft landing lights"; he escaped from it when he switched them off. Having faith "akin to aircraft landing lights" means nothing in and of itself. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree