1. Maryland
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 10:49
    Men are given to worshipping malevolent gods, and that which is not cruel seems to them not worth their adoration.”

—— Anatole France (1844-1924), Crainquebille,

Some Christians on this venue say God is Love, but if I don't believe in Jesus, God will send me to hell! Sounds like a cruel god to me, not a God of love!
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 11:25
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Men are given to worshipping malevolent gods, and that which is not cruel seems to them not worth their adoration.”

Some Christians on this venue say God is Love, but if I don't believe in Jesus, God will send me to hell! Sounds like a cruel god to me, not a God of love!
    A just God will hold everyone accountable for everything they do against
    Himself and those He calls His own. He is Love which is why we have a way
    to avoid the Hell, which we all deserve and are not just lost due to our sins.
    Kelly
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 11:33
    You have proven the validity of the quote! Thank you!
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 11:54
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The religionist concept of billions of people being tortured for eternity in burning agony [for not believing the same things as you just so happen to believe, KellyJay] is the darkest and most grotesque thing that the human imagination has ever come up with.
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 12:592 edits
    Kelly
    To hell with Godwin, Hitler was also love! ... The millions that he slaughtered only had to stop being Jews and they could have avoided the gas chambers or the firing pits 😞
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 13:02

How do you like yourself, medium rare or well done?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 14:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    The religionist concept of billions of people being tortured for eternity in burning agony [for not believing the same things as you just so happen to believe, KellyJay] is the darkest and most grotesque thing that the human imagination has ever come up with.
    Countless times I've told you it is not that you don't believe that puts you
    in danger of Hell, it is your sinful life.

The fact that you reject the only hope you have for salvation is on you not
    God.
    Kelly
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 14:34
    Countless times I've told you it is not that you don't believe that puts you
    in danger of Hell, it is your sinful life.

The fact that you reject the only hope you have for salvation is on you not
    God.
    Kelly
    There are hundreds of millions of Christians who espouse the ideology I described including numerous regular posters here whom I do not remember you ever once confronting in a convincing way. If you get some satisfaction regurgitating bits of dogma to people who think your beliefs are nonsense and yet cannot stand up to fellow Christians spreading a grotesque ideology in the name of your God figure, then what does that make you, I wonder. 😀
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 16:51
    "Men are given to worshipping malevolent gods, and that which is not cruel seems to them not worth their adoration.”
    Nonsense.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 17:00
    Originally posted by FMF
    I can think of a worse fate than that. Being tortured for eternity in burning agony is the least of it.

"...the darkest and most grotesque thing that the human imagination has ever come up with."

God created the lake of fire. You know not otherwise.

How does one burn in agony for eternity when thrown into a lake of fire burning with brimstone?
  11. Maryland
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 17:01
    Your comment does not even have the weight of a sparrow feather!
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 17:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    There are hundreds of millions of Christians who espouse the ideology I described including numerous regular posters here whom I do not remember you ever once confronting in a convincing way. If you get some satisfaction regurgitating bits of dogma to people who think your beliefs are nonsense and yet cannot stand up to fellow Christians spreading a grotesque ideology in the name of your God figure, then what does that make you, I wonder. 😀
    Who cares what hundreds of millions of anyone espouse? The so called "grotesque ideology", as you describe it and label Christians with, is your own opinion of what is taught by scripture.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 17:43
    Originally posted by josephw
    I can think of a worse fate than that. Being tortured for eternity in burning agony is the least of it.

[b]"...the darkest and most grotesque thing that the human imagination has ever come up with."

God created the lake of fire. You know not otherwise.

How does one burn in agony for eternity when thrown into a lake of fire burning with brimstone?[/b]
    quote:

A thermodynamics professor had written a take home exam for his graduate students. It had one question:

"Is hell exothermic or endothermic? Support your answer with a proof."

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass. If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.

As for souls entering hell, lets look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to hell.

With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant.

So, if hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose.

Of course, if hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, than the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over."

It was not revealed what grade the student got.

http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 17:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    I care one wit if you have ever seen me confront anyone in any way shape
    or form. I'm not here for your reading pleasure, I'm also here now defending
    my beliefs, if you don't like that tough! I've had this conversation here before
    and said the same thing, if you didn't see it, not my problem.
    Kelly
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 19:47
    I care one wit if you have ever seen me confront anyone in any way shape
    or form. I'm not here for your reading pleasure, I'm also here now defending
    my beliefs, if you don't like that tough! I've had this conversation here before
    and said the same thing, if you didn't see it, not my problem.
    Kelly
    How strange your ministry as a Christian here is. You will confront people who have different beliefs from you ~ non-Christians ~ about what your fellow Christians explicitly claim in the name of your God and religion, but you won't confront those Christians themselves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree