1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 22:43
    Yes, Jesus is building the people He saves mansions. The only true reward is those that you share the Gospel with that in turn accept it and are in heaven with you. m.youtube.com/watch?v=UFrdJ2V3r7Y
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 22:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes, Jesus is building the people He saves mansions. The only true reward is those that you share the Gospel with that in turn accept it and are in heaven with you. m.youtube.com/watch?v=UFrdJ2V3r7Y
    Jesus wants mansions?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 23:121 edit
    I am not enticed by "mansions" in this life , nor the next.

I also don't subscribe to this reward type enticement which seems more applicable for children than adults.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '14 23:27
    Well he was a builder.

"Jesus' adopted father Joseph was a carpenter (Matthew 13:55 & Mark 6:3). The Greek word is Teckton which means builder. Now, some say he worked with wood; building tools, doors, shelves, tables etc. = carpenter. Others say because of the region and the resources were rock, and most everything was built from rock, then he built millstones, winepresses, houses, etc. = stonemason. There is no real evidence to clarify exactly what Joseph was a builder of, but we know that he was a Teckton = Builder. Now, in the Jewish culture of that time (1st century) it was required of the father to teach the son their trade at age 12, and find a wife for them around the age of 20. Joseph being very Jewish would have adhered to this practice and began teaching Jesus at 12 his trade of being a builder (Teckton)."

http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/4896/what-evidence-is-there-that-jesus-was-a-carpenter
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 01:21
    I see all 3 of you missed the point.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 01:22
    The only true reward is those that you share the Gospel with that in turn accept it and are in heaven with you.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 01:23
    Neither am I, I am humble enough to ask Jesus for the smallest house and be a guard at the gates.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 02:44
    Are you sure you made the point? 😕
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 06:09
    Neither am I, I am humble enough to ask Jesus for the smallest house and be a guard at the gates.
    People pointing out to others that they are humble. Hmmm...
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 07:04
    If all your readers miss the point, then you should consider the possibility that you are at least in part responsible for failing to communicate it in an understandable manner.
    Maybe, instead of gloating at them for missing the point, you could try to make your point in such a way that they do not miss it?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 13:35
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Jesus wants mansions?
    No.

He is not preparing mansions in heaven.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    08 Oct '14 15:16
    Originally posted by JS357
    People pointing out to others that they are humble. Hmmm...
    If it worked for Moses...
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Oct '14 12:503 edits
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    If it worked for Moses...
    It worked with Moses?

Does that mean you believe his writing in Numbers 12:3 ?

English Standard Version

Now the man Moses was very meek, more than all people who were on the face of the earth.

I think under divine inspiration Moses could write in a matter-of-fact way how God had developed him into the meekest man upon earth.

It is not a boast but a matter-of-fact statement of how a mortal man could be the quality of leader he was in the face of such abject insubordination. He certainly didn't start that way. After 80 years of God's dealings upon him he became like Jesus Christ - meek yet committed with great divine authority.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Oct '14 23:251 edit
    The only true reward is those that you share the Gospel with that in turn accept it and are in heaven with you.
    I didn't miss the point, I was just trying to show how it applied to someone like myself,(and maybe show it in a different light )
    Please let me know how I misunderstood your point, as I think I understand the concept of "reward" quite adequetly (i think) to continue this discussion.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Oct '14 23:322 edits
    Originally posted by sonship
    No.

He is not preparing mansions in heaven.
    To me the idea/concept of "heaven" is a spiritual one, not a material one, focusing one non-material "things", as opposed to material things. Therefor any physical/material enticement to change my ways , (to be "good" ), holds no sway over me. Whether it be the 40+ virgins in the Islamic (?) tradition or the ''mansions' that were mentioned at the start of this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree