1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 08:073 edits
    SOME SCRIPTURES DEALING WITH THE COMING DAY OF THE LORD

FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT

It was written by Isaiah:
    Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
    The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall punish the host of the high ones that are on high, and the kings of the earth upon the earth. And they shall be gathered together, as prisoners are gathered in the pit, and shall be shut up in the prison, and after many days shall they be visited.

Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the Lord of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously.
    He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.

And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.

(ISAIAH DESCRIBES THE COMING DAY OF THE LORD)

(Isaiah 13:9-10; Isaiah 24:19-23; Isaiah 25:8-9 KJV)

It was written by Joel:
    And the Lord shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible; and who can abide it?
    The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call.
    Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

(JOEL GIVES SIGNS OF THE COMING OF THE DAY OF THE LORD)

(Joel 2:11, 31-32; Joel 3:14-15

It was written by Zephaniah:
    The great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly. That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the Lord: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung. Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lord's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

(ZEPHANIAH IDENTIFIES THE DAY OF THE LORD AS A DAY OF HIS WRATH AGAINST THE EVIL)

(Zephaniah 1:14-18 KJV)

FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT

Jesus said:
    When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, ( whoso readeth, let him understand )
    For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
    Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

JESUS SAYS THE DAY OF THE LORD AND THE FIRST RESURRECTION COMES IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE GREAT TRIBULATION

(Matthew 24:15, 21-31 KJV)

It was written by Paul:
    For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.
    Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, that ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
    In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

(PAUL GIVES MORE DETAILS ON THE FIRST RESURRECTION AND THE RAPTURE AT THE COMING OF THE LORD)

(1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 5:1-10; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12; 1 Corinthians 15:52-54 KJV)

It was written from the vision of John:
    And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

(SAINTS KILLED DURING THE GREAT TRIBULATION)

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

(THE DAY OF THE LORD)

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number,
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 08:152 edits
    Continued...

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;

And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
    And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

(THE FIRST RESURRECTION AT THE COMING OF THE LORD)

Revelation 6:9-17; 7:9-10, 13-14 KJV)
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 08:46
    Ten bucks says none of this nonsense will happen in my lifetime. And I have a long life still ahead of me.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 09:311 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Ten bucks says none of this nonsense will happen in my lifetime. And I have a long life still ahead of me.
    you are sooo getting zapped!
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 09:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you are sooo getting zapped!
    I shiver with fear.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 10:282 edits
    I shiver with fear.
    you'll not be shivering when it gets roasty toasty for you! you'll be a cornflake. Fess up now and ill hear your confessions?
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 10:38
    you'll not be shivering when it gets roasty toasty for you! you'll be a cornflake. Fess up now and ill hear your confessions?
    Your enjoyment in believing billions of people will burn in agonizing pain is remarkable.

But it's all part of RC's jolly forum clown personality, innit?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:023 edits
    Your enjoyment in believing billions of people will burn in agonizing pain is remarkable.

But it's all part of RC's jolly forum clown personality, innit?
    where have i stated that millions of people will burn in agonising pain? where have I stated that I would enjoy seeing millions of persons burn in agonising pain? please produce the statement or retract it and issue an apology. I will be taking no lessons in morality from you.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:06
    You're on!
    Ten bucks? How about we bet our lives on it? 🙂
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:213 edits
    where have i stated that millions of people will burn in agonising pain? where have I stated that I would enjoy seeing millions of persons burn in agonising pain? please produce the statement or retract it and issue an apology. I will be taking no lessons in morality from you.
    Becoming "roasty toasty" like "a cornflake" equals to burning in agonizing pain. It equals burning, and burning for a significant amount of time equals agonizing pain.

Using phrases like "roasty toasty" and "you'll be a cornflake" clearly indicates enjoyment.

Of course your jolly forum clown personality as well as your spinelessness when it comes to standing by and defending what you believe means you will now go to great lengths to distance yourself from finding enjoyment in me "burning like a cornflake".

And I know you won't take lessons in morality from me. You should, because it would improve you as a person. But you won't. No need to tell us that.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:261 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    You're on!
    Ten bucks? How about we bet our lives on it? 🙂
    Ooh, this is exciting! I like this! This could go somewhere.

Let's make it a bit more interesting. The end of my life is still a long way away - I hope.

Let's say ten years instead.

You're up for that?

And let's up the ante. Let's make it a thousand euros. Not an impossible amount to muster up (like 10 million or something) but surely something that would hurt your bank account.

If Jesus hasn't returned 10 years from now you pay me a thousand euros or whatever that is in dollars.

If Jesus does return before that time I will - if I still get a chance - pay you that amount.

Yes?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:426 edits
    Becoming "roasty toasty" like "a cornflake" equals to burning in agonizing pain. It equals burning, and burning for a significant amount of time equals agonizing pain.

Using phrases like "roasty toasty" and "you'll be a cornflake" clearly indicate enjoyment.

Of course your jolly forum clown personality as well as your spinelessness when it comes ...[text shortened]... e. You should, because it would improve you as a person. But you won't. No need to tell us that.
    I was merely joking with you so where have i stated that i would enjoy seeing millions of people burn in agonising pain, i haven't have i and you are merely projecting your own prejudices because i don't even profess a belief in hellfire, I don't even hold that its a biblical teaching,

you cannot produce the statement because i never made it, did i and you moralising over me on the basis of a lie, a lie that you made up is a testimony in itself that i should not take lessons from someone that professes nothing but their own propaganda

I will be taking no lesson is morality from you. Next time you project your prejudices make sure the person has actually said what you say they have said rather than a lie you made up.

You believe nothing put your own propaganda, another balloon head, filled up with hot air and floating around the internet.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:44
    I was merely joking with you ....
    You're trying way too hard to be funny.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:494 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You're trying way too hard to be funny.
    yawn you are not trying hard enough to be interesting, infact you are a crashing and incessant bore of a thousand bores, I wish i could find your posts interesting, they do nothing for me. Same old focus on personalities and tabloid junk mail. Maybe you and your balloon head friend could have a balloon race across the internet?
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 11:52
    I was merely joking with you so where have i stated that i would enjoy seeing millions of people burn in agonising pain, i haven't have i and you are merely projecting your own prejudices because i don't even profess a belief in hellfire, I don't even hold that its a biblical teaching,

you cannot produce the statement because i never made it, did ...[text shortened]... r own propaganda, another balloon head, filled up with hot air and floating around the internet.
    See, I was wondering which excuse you would use to distance yourself from your last statement.

I see you went for the "forum clown" excuse. Predictable, I suppose, but still interesting to observe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree