1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 00:311 edit
    Things You'd Rather Die Than Do

1. Complain about and/or blame God for adversities He allows (for testing or discipline) that are ultimately for blessing.

2. Mislead anyone on points of bible doctrine because of my own failure to submit to systematic teaching of His Word.

2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 00:441 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

3. See my children die before I do.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 00:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    3. See my children die before I do.
    3 Be forced to be a missionary.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 00:56

2. Mislead anyone on points of bible doctrine because of my own failure to submit to systematic teaching of His Word.

You'd rather die than make a mistake over Bible interpretation?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 01:49

1. Complain about and/or blame God for adversities He allows (for testing or discipline) that are ultimately for blessing.

Why? 1. Because I'm learning to emulate Job's patience and focused trust in spite of his escalating infirmities rather than the superficial and uninformed attitude his friends who presumed to criticize him unjustly as well his wife whose sheer arrogance prompted her to say, "Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!" Job 2:9 And 2. Eternal consequences.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 02:46

4. I believe that I would lay down my life to save my wife's life ~ if there were ever such a scenario. I am not absolutely 100% sure this is so, though ~ I am not sure the instinct is as absolute and as reflexive as with saving one's own children or preferring to die rather than see them die.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 03:51
    [b]Things You'd Rather Die Than Do

2. Mislead anyone on points of bible doctrine because of my own failure to submit to systematic teaching of His Word.[/b]
    I'm sorry Grampy bobby but I don't believe you.

If you really believed this you would never speak of scripture again from fear of being wrong...or you are so arrogant that you KNOW you are correct on all points of your religious construct and can therefore speak confidently.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 04:00

This conjures up a picture of suicidal thoughts or propensity in the face of adversity. Does this fear of complaining about God for adversities, or exhibiting that kind of doubt when tested or under duress, help you stave off suicidal thoughts or does it really make you feel you'd rather die?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 08:28
    Originally posted by divegeester to Grampy Bobby
    ...you are so arrogant that you KNOW you are correct on all points of your religious construct and can therefore speak confidently.
    Grampy Bobby: Blah blah... help of expert pastor.... blah blah... original Koine Greek... blah blah... just stating the incontrovertible facts ... blah blah... I am immune to human criticism... blah blah blah ...

😀
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 09:10
    Why? 1. Because I'm learning to emulate Job's patience and focused trust in spite of his escalating infirmities rather than the superficial and uninformed attitude his friends who presumed to criticize him unjustly as well his wife whose sheer arrogance prompted her to say, "Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!" Job 2:9 And 2. Eternal consequences.
    3. Renounce my faith in Jesus Christ, even if death would be brutal and administered at the hands of a radicalized terrorist.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 09:242 edits
    3. Renounce my faith in Jesus Christ, even if death would be brutal and administered at the hands of a radicalized terrorist.
    "Renouncing" your faith in the face of violent coercion and mortal danger at the hands of would-be murderers or terrorists wouldn't actually mean you were "renouncing" your faith. Lying to a murder to protect your family or yourself: the "lie" is surely of no consequence. An untrue statement made under that kind of coercion is not somehow transformed into a 'true statement' and therefore it is not a lie, surely, in any serious moral paradigm.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 09:43
    What about if you lost your faith? I came to a realization that I don't think the Bible is credible and did not accept the claims made about Jesus by Christians and therefore stopped being one.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 09:45
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm sorry Grampy bobby but I don't believe you.

If you really believed this you would never speak of scripture again from fear of being wrong...or you are so arrogant that you KNOW you are correct on all points of your religious construct and can therefore speak confidently.
    Belief or disbelief is your prerogative. While I respect the opinions and honest criticism of all contributors to site forums and recognize the authority of Russ and his admin staff, God alone is my judge and I keep short accounts with Him (1 John 1:9).
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 09:47
    Belief or disbelief is your prerogative. While I respect the opinions and honest criticism of all contributors to site forums and recognize the authority of Russ and his admin staff, God alone is my judge and I keep short accounts with Him (1 John 1:9).
    You'd rather die than make a mistake over Bible interpretation? Or you'd rather die than admit to making a mistake over Bible interpretation? You'd rather die than ever change your mind over Bible interpretation? Which is it?
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 10:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    What about if you lost your faith? I came to a realization that I don't think the Bible is credible and did not accept the claims made about Jesus by Christians and therefore stopped being one.
    Salvation is executed by God the Holy Spirit at the moment of faith in Christ. Some believers grow in grace out of infancy to maturity; others lose their way with confused daily priorities. None lose their salvation. Why? Because it didn't depend on them in the first place. They accepted a gift. Christ's work of propitiation on the cross and spiritual birth are permanent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree