1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 02:261 edit
    Among the films featured at taxpayer-subsidized film festivals were “Wawd Ahp,” a short film in which a rapper decapitates himself, then has sex with his own severed head in a bathtub; and “Eczemus,” which uses stop-motion animation to portray a man urinating a stream of blood while pummeling a baby bird to death and watching his dog defecate.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/14/golden-hammer-taxpayer-funded-film-festivals-showc/
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 02:30
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b]Among the films featured at taxpayer-subsidized film festivals were “Wawd Ahp,” a short film in which a rapper decapitates himself, then has sex with his own severed head in a bathtub; and “Eczemus,” which uses stop-motion animation to portray a man urinating a stream of blood while pummeling a baby bird to death and watching his dog defecate.

[/b]
    It almost makes you want to join Al Qaeda. 😞
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    15 Aug '14 07:22
    [b]Among the films featured at taxpayer-subsidized film festivals were “Wawd Ahp,” a short film in which a rapper decapitates himself, then has sex with his own severed head in a bathtub; and “Eczemus,” which uses stop-motion animation to portray a man urinating a stream of blood while pummeling a baby bird to death and watching his dog defecate.

h ...[text shortened]... p://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/aug/14/golden-hammer-taxpayer-funded-film-festivals-showc/[/b]
    ...Then there is the $3bn per annum subsidy to the Israeli Defence Force - no conditions attached - and the $2bn per annum subsidy to the Egyptian military - on condition they do not oppose Israel and help sustain the blockade of Gaza.

Lot of US taxpayer money at work there! You guys sure are generous.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 03:35
    Do you agree that this is a waste of money?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 05:10
    The USA is bad about wasting money, but it the taxpayers that keep voting for these crooks to take money and allow them to spend money they don't have.
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 09:251 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The USA is bad about wasting money, but it the taxpayers that keep voting for these crooks to take money and allow them to spend money they don't have.
    So do you and or Eladar oppose or support the annual subsidies to the military of Israel ($3bn) and Egypt ($2bn)?
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 15:38
    Originally posted by finnegan
    So do you and or Eladar oppose or support the annual subsidies to the military of Israel ($3bn) and Egypt ($2bn)?
    You never answered my question, why should anyone answer yours?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 15:52
    I do not know enough about it to make a good decision. I believe taxpayer money should be spent to benefit the taxpayers. I would have to be convinced that these subsidies are a benefit to US taxpayers and only then would I support them.
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 16:44
    If you want an answer from anyone specific maybe it would help to identify who you are addressing.

Waste of money? Whoever decides to spend this money seems to get something out of it as it has been repeated annually for maybe forty years or more.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 16:59
    If you want an answer from anyone specific maybe it would help to identify who you are addressing.

Waste of money? Whoever decides to spend this money seems to get something out of it as it has been repeated annually for maybe forty years or more.
    You didn't answer my question.

Do I need to repost it?
  11. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 17:09
    You didn't answer my question.

Do I need to repost it?
    Yep. Thought I just did
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 17:10

No word games, just answer the question.
  13. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 17:21
    [b]Do you agree that this is a waste of money?

No word games, just answer the question.[/b]
    I did answer. It is not my money and not my taxes. The benefit to American taxpayers is something for them to consider. I expect that much of it is conditional on using American weaponry etc, so that every time there is a rocket attack, an American factory gets orders to replace anti missile ammunition, and every time the IDF blows up a school the American factory gets orders for replacement missiles and shells and stuff like that.

However, I really wonder how Americans reconcile this with the general opposition to paying taxes. Seems weird to me that they pay out so much without conditions (other than using American equipment for example) to a foreign government that does not act in American interests.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 17:35
    Well, at least a movie of a rapper having sex with his own head is less of a waste of money than Transformers movies.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 17:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well, at least a movie of a rapper having sex with his own head is less of a waste of money than Transformers movies.
    Does transformers movies receive tax dollars from the government?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree