1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 14:172 edits
    One day after being sued for ignoring congress, the GOP is telling Obama to ignore congress...after failing to pass their own legislation on the boarder crisis.

The Democrats are politically weak at this time, however despite this, the GOP has failed to gain much ground, since they don't seem to providing any leadership or direction, and can't even seem to agree with each other.

So, who's going to be the winner in 2016, a Democratic party the public has grown tired of, or a divided Republican party that can't agree with each other?

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-tells-obama-ignore-congress-one-day-suing-203633750.html
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 14:241 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    So, who's going to be the winner in 2016, a Democratic party the public has grown tired of, or a Republican party that's busy fighting each other?

Considering how the Reps shut down the government over Obamacare, even after the bill was legally passed in Congress and found to be constitutional by the Supreme Court (which means that all three branches of government approved of the bill), the GOP comes off as a party of immature sore-losers.

Also, with gay marriage gaining ground and conservatives being pretty much the only people against it (and let's not forget, the public's hatred for the last Republican president still lingers), I think it's safe to say that the public is far more weary of the GOP.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 14:42
    Originally posted by vivify
    Considering how the Reps shut down the government over Obamacare, even after the bill was legally passed in Congress and found to be constitutional by the Supreme Court (which means that all three branches of government approved of the bill), the GOP comes off as a party of immature sore-losers.

Also, with gay marriage gaining ground and conservatives be ...[text shortened]... president still lingers), I think it's safe to say that the public is far more weary of the GOP.
    The public will therefore go for whoever can convince them that they will effectively rise above blind partisanship. Jerry Brown bides his time...
  4. Germany
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 15:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    The public will therefore go for whoever can convince them that they will effectively rise above blind partisanship. Jerry Brown bides his time...
    Will the Dead Kennedys' prophecy come true after all? Brown seems to be doing a decent job in California.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    01 Aug '14 15:23
    Why make new legislation? Why not simply enforce the laws on the books?

Oh yeah, that would mean deporting all the illegals. We can't do that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree