Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Does he play chess?
    He's such a great friend he won't lower himself to anything 'worldly' ... 🙄
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 15:24
    Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are, or where we are going in this ocean of chaos, it has been the authorities — the political, the religious, the educational authorities — who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing — forming in our minds — their view of reality.
    -T. Leary
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 00:40
    King James Version
    ==============

John 15: 13
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Romans 5: 8
    But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Matthew 23: 37
    O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
  7. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 00:50
    BigDog and More,
    You have no proof that we are not judged by God. You have no proof that we don't answer to God. You see no better spiritually than any other human being on this earth.

All of you, do you want to take the chance of missing God's best for you?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 01:03
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    He's such a great friend he won't lower himself to anything 'worldly' ... 🙄
    I believe he would have lowered Himself to play chess if necessary to save the lost sheep, but those Roman bastards executed Him and He was required to return home to His Father.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 01:23
    RJHinds,
    Jesus must have died. He came to offer salvation to the world.

King James Version
    ==============

Luke 24: 18-27
    And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?

And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.

But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre;

And when they found not his body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that he was alive.

And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre, and found it even so as the women had said: but him they saw not.

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:

Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 02:11
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    BigDog and More,
    You have no proof that we are not judged by God. You have no proof that we don't answer to God. You see no better spiritually than any other human being on this earth.

All of you, do you want to take the chance of missing God's best for you?
    You ever played poker? Or any other gambling game?

A bet involves not only the stakes, but the odds. The stakes [eternal torment] may indeed be high, but the odds - of your specific 'god' existing are vanishingly small. A much smaller ratio than the stakes, if I read the cards rightly.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 02:16
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    RJHinds,
    Jesus must have died. He came to offer salvation to the world.

King James Version
    ==============

Luke 24: 18-27
    And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days?

And he said unto them, What things? And ...[text shortened]... nd all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.
    Yes, the time is coming when a man who kills you will think he is thereby serving God!

(John 16:2)
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 02:24
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem

A bet involves not only the stakes, but the odds. The stakes [eternal torment] may indeed be high, but the odds - of your specific 'god' existing are vanishingly small. A much smaller ratio than the stakes, if I read the cards rightly.
    But if you gamble, what is to be won or lost in your game?
  13. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jul '14 01:02
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem

BigDoggProblem and More,

King James version
    ==============

Mark 8: 36-38
    For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 17:53
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But if you gamble, what is to be won or lost in your game?
    There IS no gamble since all your religious clap trap was made up by men in the first place, to control the wild ones and to conveniently put the religious leaders on top of the heap. Funny how that always seems to work out.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 19:12
    No one, but no one knows your innermost being like Jesus Christ.

So based upon His intimate knowledge and understanding of your whole being He is a greatest Friend. That is if you want Him for a Friend and Savior.

This is something supernatural but a reality. And the person who wrote that song "What A Friend We Have In Jesus" knew well its truth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree