This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    08 May '15 18:13
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    This is a noteworthy incident, but hardly a common one. It could have been nothing more than a record keeping error.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 May '15 18:22
    Originally posted by bill718
    This is a noteworthy incident, but hardly a common one. It could have been nothing more than a record keeping error.
    Oh, and that excuses it? If your bad record-keeping has the potential to kill people in the most abject of circumstances, you keep your records. How hard is that? Really? It's not like this is hard, unless you have a room-temperature IQ and racism coming out of your every pore, as, apparently, every single USAlien police-thug out there.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    12 May '15 17:24
    He also apparently got a $4.1 million settlement.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 May '15 18:03
    Originally posted by sh76
    He also apparently got a $4.1 million settlement.
    Pretty nice payday for less than a week's "work".
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '15 20:31

7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 May '15 00:33
    I don't condone or defend his situation. I simply commented that he was well compensated for his trouble. I don't care if you approve of my remark, flippant or otherwise.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    15 May '15 00:00
    I neither condemn or condone this remark but do note that a healthy way to deal with life's tragedies is humor, and I would suspect that this would be a " not unusual" response.
    I feel that a large compensation ( paid for by taxpayers) is warranted " but" $4.1000,000. seems excessive. I do add, good luck to him for getting it though.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    15 May '15 01:581 edit
    Originally posted by jimmac
    I neither condemn or condone this remark but do note that a healthy way to deal with life's tragedies is humor, and I would suspect that this would be a " not unusual" response.
    I feel that a large compensation ( paid for by taxpayers) is warranted " but" $4.1000,000. seems excessive. I do add, good luck to him for getting it though.
    No, it's an appropriate compensation. They left him for a week in solitary confinement without food or water. I know nothing more about the case than has been written here, but it could be warranted straightforwardly due to the psychological condition he was left in - he may not be able to work. Had that happened in Saddam Hussain's Iraq, to an Iraqi prisoner, it would have formed part of the US's justification for war. I find it difficult to believe it was a mistake and even if it was simply a mistake I find the penalties for the DEA officers ludicrously lenient.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 May '15 02:471 edit

11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    21 May '15 02:09
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    No, it's an appropriate compensation. They left him for a week in solitary confinement without food or water. I know nothing more about the case than has been written here, but it could be warranted straightforwardly due to the psychological condition he was left in - he may not be able to work. Had that happened in Saddam Hussain's Iraq, to an Iraqi ...[text shortened]... d even if it was simply a mistake I find the penalties for the DEA officers ludicrously lenient.
    No, it's an appropriate compensation.

How many people make $4.1 million in a lifetime?

I find the penalties for the DEA officers ludicrously lenient.

The fines didn't punish the alleged bad cops at all. It punished the taxpayers, who weren't involved in the incident.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '15 22:48
    Apparently, what happens is that those wronged by the Police get millioms of dollars in damages. What i want to know is what happens when demonstrators and rioters go wrong?
  13. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 00:01
    Well Duchess...I view your comments as an attack on me personally!😠😠😠
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 01:23
    Originally posted by normbenign
    [b]No, it's an appropriate compensation.

How many people make $4.1 million in a lifetime?

I find the penalties for the DEA officers ludicrously lenient.

The fines didn't punish the alleged bad cops at all. It punished the taxpayers, who weren't involved in the incident.[/b]
    Would it have made more sense to award the victim a more reasonable amount to be paid by the officers who wronged him?
  15. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 14:59
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Would it have made more sense to award the victim a more reasonable amount to be paid by the officers who wronged him?
    If the poor guy had to drink his own piss for 5 Days he deserved all the compensation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree