1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 05:24
    Hello,
    I set up an open game for a certain rating set. I set myself to be the white side also. The game is in the OPEN Games list, but I did not get to already move my first move with white. Has that changed from the way the system used to be? I guess that I have not played in a long time except for one game this year.

Aren't we supposed to move immediately with white after we set up a game in the OPEN Games list? Isn't the black side supposed to be able to see white's "already made" first move just after accepting the Open invite? Or do we wait until someone actually accepts our Open invite before we get to move with the white pieces?

KingOnPoint
  2. Joined
    21 Jun '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 05:28
    There is a help forum..... I think this question belongs there.

But nevermind. Someone is going to care for giving you answers. Most probably so.
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    12 Dec '13 05:32
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hello,
    I set up an open game for a certain rating set. I set myself to be the white side also. The game is in the OPEN Games list, but I did not get to already move my first move with white. Has that changed from the way the system used to be? I guess that I have not played in a long time except for one game this year.

Aren't we suppose ...[text shortened]... one actually accepts our Open invite before we get to move with the white pieces?

KingOnPoint
    You can't now. You have to wait until the invite is accepted.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 12:03
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Hello,

Aren't we suppose ...[text shortened]... one actually accepts our Open invite before we get to move with the white pieces?

KingOnPoint
    Actually you can only move after the game has been accepted. And to my knowledge it has never been different.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree