Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 17:27
    http://www.livescience.com/17918-humans-intelligent.html
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 17:34
    Merely providing good nutrition and education significantly increases both intelligence and IQ scores. Much of the world has already seen dramatic increases and the poorer parts will follow shortly as their economies and education systems improve.
  3. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    12 Jun '15 17:446 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Merely providing good nutrition and education significantly increases both intelligence and IQ scores. Much of the world has already seen dramatic increases and the poorer parts will follow shortly as their economies and education systems improve.
    I read the link. I cannot wait until the day when everybody's (or at least those people who value intelligence ) IQ is artificially increased to 200 or more. I strongly suspect it would reduce crime by more than half (most crime is from general stupidity ofter all ) and end most albeit not all religious nonsense.
    I only wish it would happen in my life time.

I think the link made a poor choice of a person to exemplify high IQ; I suspect Newton had a personality disorder that the vast majority of other people with such high IQ don't have. Einstein would have made a better example.

But I just cannot wait until everybody's IQ is artificially increased to 1,000,000,000 or more. Can you imagine what that would be like to think with an IQ like that? Of course not. None of us can. That's what would make it so exciting. But, for starters, I am sure it would end all religion. And, in just a moment, you would effortlessly deduce the whole of quantum physics and relativity from just a few observations and think how childishly simple it is. Then you would effortlessly move on to more advanced understanding of physics; -the really interesting stuff!
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 17:171 edit
    Originally posted by humy
    I read the link. I cannot wait until the day when everybody's (or at least those people who value intelligence ) IQ is artificially increased to 200 or more. I strongly suspect it would reduce crime by more than half (most crime is from general stupidity ofter all ) and end most albeit not all religious nonsense.
    I only wish it would happen in my life time.
    ...[text shortened]... d effortlessly move on to more advanced understanding of physics; -the really interesting stuff!
    What if they thought the other way,... would you believe them?
  5. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 17:48
    Originally posted by joe shmo
    What if they thought the other way,... would you believe them?
    About religion? no. My atheism comes from my own reasoning, not other people's, no matter how smart they are in other respects.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 19:55
    About religion? no. My atheism comes from my own reasoning, not other people's, no matter how smart they are in other respects.
    Well, I would be as happy as a pig in poop if the average was 200 as opposed to 100 today. Of course with the average being 200 the new number would be an average in itself so that would have to be redefined as being the new 100. Then, like me, clocking in around 140, would be say, 70, in that world. I would have to have special ed just to survive🙂
  7. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 20:316 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    ...Then, like me, clocking in around 140, ..
    Arr you beat me by 30 points! Mine is just 110.

But, if there only there was such thing as a ability-to-solve-paradoxes-IQ, I would guess score something like ~250 on that one because I have recently discovered I have an incredible ability (which surprises me ) specifically for solving certain types of epistemological paradoxes while when doing my research into epistemology and, until I publish my results, as a direct consequence of this ability, I have unofficially accidentally deductively solved (not merely resolved! And I haven't done any of the usual mistakes done by all other people that claim to have solved it but have used circular reasoning or making the unqualified assumption that there exists probabilities or equivocating or confused causally possible with logical possible or confusing different kinds of probability etc ) the problem of induction, something no other person has done even though some of them that tried have IQs of ~200+ and are vastly smarter than me in every other possible way imaginable!
    My publication of my works will revolutionize the world of philosophy but also, and much more importantly I think, revolutionize AI for it will give the algorithms for an AI to effectively and completely rationally assign probabilities to any theory presented to it that can be rationally assigned with a probability.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 21:322 edits
    Arr you beat me by 30 points! Mine is just 110.

But, if there only there was such thing as a ability-to-solve-paradoxes-IQ, I would guess score something like ~250 on that one because I have recently discovered I have an incredible ability (which surprises me ) specifically for solving certain types of epistemological paradoxes while when doing my research ...[text shortened]... probabilities to any theory presented to it that can be rationally assigned with a probability.
    Yeah, I kinda like your posts humy (love your enthusiasm), but there's a saying about a wise person never blowing his/her own horn, at least not until the actual revolutionalising has taken place, talk is cheap and all that.

But maybe that's just the swede in me. In any case, I don't mean to offend, but hope you're right about all that.

Oh, and my IQ is 50. 😵
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 21:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 21:58
    Originally posted by C Hess

my IQ is 50. 😵
    Oh don't be so modest.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jun '15 22:271 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It just shows how IQ is so overrated. I don't call genius somebody with an IQ of 150, it is more like having an 8 cylinder engine in a VW bug. If you just use it to tool around town picking up girls, you are not going far.

A person with a 3 cylinder engine in a larger car actually going somewhere, gets a lot further through diligence, IMHO.

I read the story of a woman who with an IQ of 85, through hard work, achieved a Phd in Psychology. THAT is an achievement.

I once saw a TV show about high IQ types and one with an IQ of about 180, slouched in his chair, just LOOKING arrogant. I bet he is slinging burgers at McDonalds now.

There are guys like Chris Langan who was a college dropout but got a perfect score on his SAT's, while mostly sleeping in the test room. He won $250,000 in the NBC show 1 vs 100 so he has something going for him. I happen to have seen that show, he has an impressive mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 09:39
    The IQ scale is based of the fact that the average IQ is 100 points.
    If the humanity will gain double its IQ, the the definition define the average as being 100 points anyway.

If baby Julius Caesar was to be given education todays in math and science - would he be a good student? Would he be able to absorb quantum physics, integration theory, space technology, as good as anyone today would?
    Remember, at that time of Julius Caesar, people didn't know about the mathematic zero, negative numbers, real numbers...
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 11:213 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The IQ scale is based of the fact that the average IQ is 100 points.
    If the humanity will gain double its IQ, the the definition define the average as being 100 points anyway.

If baby Julius Caesar was to be given education todays in math and science - would he be a good student? Would he be able to absorb quantum physics, integration theory, space te ...[text shortened]... f Julius Caesar, people didn't know about the mathematic zero, negative numbers, real numbers...
    When the concept of the mathematical zero, along with the symbol for it, was first spread around, some people were so suspicious of it and thought it was so wrong that they rioted over it protesting and demanded that it should be got rid of. Perhaps if a teacher had tried to teach Julius Caesar as an adult about the number zero, Caesar would have had him fed to the lions for it? As for negative numbers -lets not go there.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 12:50
    When the concept of the mathematical zero, along with the symbol for it, was first spread around, some people were so suspicious of it and thought it was so wrong that they rioted over it protesting and demanded that it should be got rid of. Perhaps if a teacher had tried to teach Julius Caesar as an adult about the number zero, Caesar would have had him fed to the lions for it? As for negative numbers -lets not go there.
    Any human from a time less than 100,000 years ago, taken as a child would be able to be taught any modern subject. It might have been a bit dicey taking someone from 300,000 years ago, even before Neandertals. I bet Neandertals would have been able to be taught if taken as a child.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jun '15 21:301 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree