1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Sep '14 15:12
    2 John 1:
    7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Sep '14 15:17
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    2 John 1:
    7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ doe ...[text shortened]... e them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.
    [from the other thread]

Do you think FMF is the antichrist?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Sep '14 15:27
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [from the other thread]

Do you think FMF is the antichrist?
    I answered you in the other thread, and I wrote this.
    Kelly
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Sep '14 15:32
    I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.
    Your thread title asks "Who is an antichrist?" but your OP quote talks about "the deceiver" and "the antichrist". Why this discrepancy?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Sep '14 16:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your thread title asks "Who is an antichrist?" but your OP quote talks about "the deceiver" and "the antichrist". Why this discrepancy?
    There is no question mark in the thread title. So the scripture passage is to inform us who is an antichrist.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Sep '14 16:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is no question mark in the thread title. So the scripture passage is to inform us who is an antichrist.
    Who is AN antichrist. So there are more than one?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Sep '14 16:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Who is AN antichrist. So there are more than one?
    Of course, Didn't you know you are an antichrist?
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Sep '14 16:564 edits
    2 John 1:
    7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ doe ...[text shortened]... e them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.
    I find this is a very interesting passage. People quote this without reaslising what it is really saying.

(2 John 1 - KJV)
    1. Opening Greetings- The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever. Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

2. The Doctrine of Christ / The commandment from the Father - I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father. And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

3. Who are the deceivers - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

4. Closing Remarks - Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full. The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

So - Many deceivers. The identifying characteristics :
    1. they do not confess that Christ has come in the flesh
    2. they bring not the doctrine of Christ of brotherly love and charity.

What is this doctrine of Christ? It is love, brotherly love, charitable love, John said : And this is love, that we walk after his commandments

Those that bring not the doctrine of Christ of love and of the walking after the commandments of Christ are the antiChrist/deceivers and are not to be welcomed otherwise you are partaker of their evil deeds.

So all the Christians who illspeak the doctrine of Christ which means brotherly love and charity AND following of Christ commandments, and refer to it as lawkeeping or as trying to earn ones salvation .. take note. John is saying that you are a deceiver and an evil doer.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Sep '14 18:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Of course, Didn't you know you are an antichrist?
    Really? I'm honored.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Sep '14 00:43
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Really? I'm honored.
    Enjoy what honor you have now, for there will not be any honor for you in the Lake of Fire and Brimstone.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '14 00:49
    Is "antichrist" a synonym for "non-Christian"?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '14 01:17
    2 John 1:
    7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not take them into your house or welcome them. 11 Anyone who welcomes them shares in their wicked work.

So let's get this straight. Someone (or maybe a group of people) using the name "John", who was participating in the setting up a basically new religion seeking to breakaway from Judaism, wrote some sentences like the ones above (and included them in their literature) asserting that their own beliefs were right and that the beliefs of others were wrong, and that if anyone left their group then they were very wicked, right? This is what 2 John 1, 7-11 boils down to. It's a passage by religionists asserting that their religion is right and that those who would tell you anything different are lying and are against them and are unwelcome in the houses of the people still in the group, yes?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '14 02:05
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]2 John 1:
    7 I say this because many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist. 8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully. 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does ...[text shortened]... ying and are against them and are unwelcome in the houses of the people still in the group, yes?
    Or it could be John, telling everyone to watch out for those that lead them
    away from Jesus which I believe to be true.
    Kelly
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '14 02:41
    Or it could be John, telling everyone to watch out for those that lead them
    away from Jesus which I believe to be true.
    He was trying to set up a religion based around the personality of Jesus what else would he write?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '14 02:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    He was trying to set up a religion based around the personality of Jesus what else would he write?
    I think God had something to do with it, John was just the guy He used.
    Since you rejected Jesus, what else would you write?
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree