1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    16 May '14 16:523 edits
    With just over 2 years to go in President Obama's 2nd term, the 2016 general election in not far from the mind's of political leaders. Even GOP strategists will privately admit that defeating Hillary Clinton will be nearly impossible, for these reasons:

* For the first time in decades the GOP is deeply divided. The tea party is waging a civil war within the republican ranks, and if they don't get their way (or their candidate) many tea partiers will simply stay home and not vote.

* The Clinton brand. Despite an affair with Monica Lewinski and the Benghazi scandal, the Clintons remain far more popular than any republican with independent and swing voters, and it's this group that normally decides the fate of candidates running for President.

* A Republican plan and vision for America: They have none! Ronald Reagan was successful because he could communicate a bold and bright future for America. Todays republicans can only sling verbal mud at the democrats...it won't be enough.

* George W Bush. This man did more damage to the GOP than any scandal ever could. Most voters blame Bush for the great recession, and for his less than truthful claims about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq that he used to justify an invasion that sent 4000+ American soldiers to needless deaths.

* Demographics. Republican stances on abortion and immigration have left most women and minorities feeling exploited and ignored by the GOP.

So there you have it folks. If Hillary decides to run, she WILL be the next President. Republicans can name call and nit pick these points all they want, but it won't change the outcome one little bit.

Can you say "Madam President"? 😏

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/05/16/hillary-clinton-is-the-only-person-who-can-stop-hillary-clinton/
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 May '14 18:33
    Originally posted by bill718
    With just over 2 years to go in President Obama's 2nd term, the 2016 general election in not far from the mind's of political leaders. Even GOP strategists will privately admit that defeating Hillary Clinton will be nearly impossible, for these reasons:

* For the first time in decades the GOP is deeply divided. The tea party is waging a civil war within t ...[text shortened]... com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/05/16/hillary-clinton-is-the-only-person-who-can-stop-hillary-clinton/
    I predict Hillary will sweep all 57 states.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    16 May '14 18:40
    Just curious. How many of the right wingers here would vote for a Ted Cruz or Rand Paul against Hillary, but stay home if the GOP goes with a RINO squish like Jeb Bush?
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 May '14 19:02

* For the first time in decades the GOP is deeply divided. The tea party is waging a civil war within t ...[text shortened]... com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2014/05/16/hillary-clinton-is-the-only-person-who-can-stop-hillary-clinton/
    Don't you think that the fact that Hillary laughed about Gadaffi's death makes her look bad to most people that see this clip?

YouTube

I also think Sleepyguy brings up a good point. Rand Paul might have a good chance of beating Hillary. It all depends who she is running against. If it is Jeb Bush then she could win.

I know Republican hating Democrats who don't like Hillary. They are out there. They don't want her to win the Democratic nomination.
  5. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    16 May '14 19:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    I predict Hillary will sweep all 57 states.
    Ha! HA!
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 May '14 20:29
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Just curious. How many of the right wingers here would vote for a Ted Cruz or Rand Paul against Hillary, but stay home if the GOP goes with a RINO squish like Jeb Bush?
    I would rather vote for Karl Marx than I would Jeb Bush. At least there is a chance you won't have to watch stupid for 4 long years, probably 8 years, as we go Marxist.
  7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    16 May '14 20:572 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    I would rather vote for Karl Marx than I would Jeb Bush. At least there is a chance you won't have to watch stupid for 4 long years, probably 8 years, as we go Marxist.
    Awww - Come on Whodey, going Marxist isn't so bad. You might Like it. 😀😀😀
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 May '14 03:131 edit
    Awww - Come on Whodey, going Marxist isn't so bad. You might Like it. 😀😀😀
    Marxism is like sex bill, it's best on top. They would be your less than 1%'ers.

Speaking of which, should Hillary come out as a lesbian now that being gay is PC?
  9. Germany
    Moves
    17 May '14 07:04
    Contrary to the TV pundits, I don't think a Clinton candidacy is a shoe-in. She is tainted... age, gender, Benghazi, Lewinsky, old guard rather than a fresh face. She has the money and name recognition, which both help a lot, but I think she can be challenged. Not sure by whom, though.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 May '14 21:13
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I would.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 May '14 21:17
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Contrary to the TV pundits, I don't think a Clinton candidacy is a shoe-in. She is tainted... age, gender, Benghazi, Lewinsky, old guard rather than a fresh face. She has the money and name recognition, which both help a lot, but I think she can be challenged. Not sure by whom, though.
    I agree, and add to that she is a lousy campaigner. In '08 she was supposed to win a landslide and couldn't beat a rookie senator from Illinois in primaries.

She isn't the public speaker and smoozer her husband was. Her political resume is very thin. She also has the disadvantage of having had years to spout off her ideas, and opposition research will find plenty of ammo to use against her.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 May '14 21:19

The TEA party is the portion of the Republican party that has solutions, and has proposed them. The old guard chose McCain and Romney.
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 May '14 02:041 edit

It doesn't matter if the GOP members "get their way or candidate". In the end, they'll stick together for the cause of not letting Dems win.

Also, despite Bush, immigration and abortion, the last election was still pretty close as far as the popular vote. Same against McCain. So if a decent GOP candidate rises, it's anyone's ball game.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 May '14 02:24
    Originally posted by vivify
    It doesn't matter if the GOP members "get their way or candidate". In the end, they'll stick together for the cause of not letting Dems win.

Also, despite Bush, immigration and abortion, the last election was still pretty close as far as the popular vote. Same against McCain. So if a decent GOP candidate rises, it's anyone's ball game.
    I predicted that Hillary Clinton would not be the Democratic candidate in 2008. I predict she will not be in 2016.

Her resume hasn't been enhanced by Benghazi or by anything else in her undistinguished stint as Secretary of State.

There will be a better Democratic candidate.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    19 May '14 08:58
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I predicted that Hillary Clinton would not be the Democratic candidate in 2008. I predict she will not be in 2016.

Her resume hasn't been enhanced by Benghazi or by anything else in her undistinguished stint as Secretary of State.

There will be a better Democratic candidate.
    The corporate news media is giving her plenty of coverage right now because of Karl Rove's comments about her health.

Do you think Karl Rove is helping her more than hurting her by doing so? That gives the news media the excuse to mention her name again and again and again. People tend to vote for who they hear about the most, right?
    Her health really isn't a real concern with the public at this point. Wouldn't you agree?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree