1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 06:311 edit
    What world events do you think will occur this year? Do you think things will go on as usual? Or do you think there may be some events more catastrophic such as increased war or famine? Perhaps the Ebola virus will get out of control? Or a global economic meltdown? Climate change causing environmental disasters?

Or maybe you think peace will come, and prosperity will flourish?

What do you think? Business as usual, or dire events? Increased understanding, or war? Peace and love, or violence and hate?

Personally, I think things will only get worse. Never seen it get better!

Happy New Year!
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 06:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    What world events do you think will occur this year? Do you think things will go on as usual? Or do you think there may be some events more catastrophic such as increased war or famine? Perhaps the Ebola virus will get out of control? Or a global economic meltdown? Climate change causing environmental disasters?

Or maybe you think peace will come, and pro ...[text shortened]...

Happy New Year!
    Do you want the predictions to have an explicit spiritual/spirituality dimension?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 06:574 edits
    I predict the collapse of the Jehovah's Witness cult in the wake of beauroberts-gate. The Watchtower headquarters is closed down and the building searched for evidence; however all that is found is a stash of what is later reported to be the largest collection of DC comics in the world.

Galveston75 fearing the apocalyptic worst goes into hiding in a basement in old downtown Vancouver where he finds a 19th century Stanhope printing press and begins a leafleting campaign headed "1914 is NOW!". Galveston75's outreach is slow to attract new members as he distributes all his leaflets to the outside world through his own letterbox; a tactic which in the latter days became heavily criticised by his partner roigam who eventually starved while waiting for the 'knock on the door'.

Robbie carrobie moves out of the Glasgow Gobals to the highlands of Scotland where he starts up a new purer, holier and more aggressive religious offshoot of the Witnesses called Jocks for Jehovah. His puritanical authenticity is driven from a rewriting of the original Greek something-or-other and his olde-world Gaelic open-air anti-slobber-and-drool preaching style attracts many disenfranchised Scotsmen who are still pissed off from losing the independence vote and could do with a good fight.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 08:29

"Never seen it get better?"
    My grandfather had to fight in WWI and was educated to 12.
    My father fought in WWII and was educated to 14.
    I was educated to 21 and never had to fight.

I've seen massive advances in medicine, technology and social equality.

My life gets better and easier each decade and is substantially better than my parents.

But to you things are getting worse???????????????????
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 08:54
    I do wonder sometimes whether negativity of this kind is what inclines a person towards Christian beliefs, or whether negativity of this kind results from Christian beliefs. Certainly, in civvy street ~ i.e away from this forum 😛 ~ the Christians I know are generally much more optimistic about life, the world and everything, than those who regularly post here.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 09:001 edit

Or maybe you think peace will come, and pro ...[text shortened]...

Happy New Year!
    2015 will be identical to 2014 only more so: flipping the page of a new calendar signifies nothing. Expect markedly increased tensions between Israel and Iran; nuclear proliferation; currency devaluations; poverty and sickness; wars and beheadings and loss of constitutional freedoms of epic proportions. Mankind is depraved. The animosities and attack modes hidden beneath the surface of this forum are a microcosm of the unrest and frantic search for happiness in the world. Thanks, Joe.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 09:16
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Mankind is depraved. The animosities and attack modes hidden beneath the surface of this forum are a microcosm of the unrest and frantic search for happiness in the world.
    Do you think your Christian beliefs have caused you to feel the personal animosity that you have expressed in the post above, or did your animosity towards "mankind" and "the world" drive you toward Christianity?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 09:45
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Expect ...; currency devaluations;
    What a laugh.
    Do you know how stupid this prediction is?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 13:041 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What a laugh.
    Do you know how stupid this prediction is?
    Stay tuned.

Edit: And bankruptcies.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 14:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you want the predictions to have an explicit spiritual/spirituality dimension?
    Do you?

It's not about what I want. What are your predictions for 2015? I don't imagine they will have much spiritual dimension since you don't believe there is any spiritual dimension except according to your own definition of the term.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 14:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I predict the collapse of the Jehovah's Witness cult in the wake of beauroberts-gate. The Watchtower headquarters is closed down and the building searched for evidence; however all that is found is a stash of what is later reported to be the largest collection of DC comics in the world.

Galveston75 fearing the apocalyptic worst goes into hiding in a ...[text shortened]... tsmen who are still pissed off from losing the independence vote and could do with a good fight.
    lol
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 14:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    I do wonder sometimes whether negativity of this kind is what inclines a person towards Christian beliefs, or whether negativity of this kind results from Christian beliefs. Certainly, in civvy street ~ i.e away from this forum 😛 ~ the Christians I know are generally much more optimistic about life, the world and everything, than those who regularly post here.
    Don't want or need your psychological analysis.

I am a practical realist, and have reason for optimism and hope, but not in man or man's visions for life on this planet.

Just because you feel duped by God's Word doesn't qualify you to be the judge of Christians.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 14:54
    It's not about what I want. What are [b]your predictions for 2015? I don't imagine they will have much spiritual dimension since you don't believe there is any spiritual dimension except according to your own definition of the term.[/b]
    I have posted about the spiritual dimension many, many hundreds of times on this forum but I don't think my outlook necessarily has to comply with your definition of the term.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 14:55
    Don't want or need your psychological analysis.

I am a practical realist, and have reason for optimism and hope, but not in man or man's visions for life on this planet.

Just because you feel duped by God's Word doesn't qualify you to be the judge of Christians.
    You put stuff out there in a public forum, so people are going to comment.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    01 Jan '15 15:02
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    "Never seen it get better?"
    My grandfather had to fight in WWI and was educated to 12.
    My father fought in WWII and was educated to 14.
    I was educated to 21 and never had to fight.

I've seen massive advances in medicine, technology and social equality.

My life gets better and easier each decade and is substantially better than my parents.

But to you things are getting worse???????????????????
    My family has had members involved in every military conflict dating back to the civil war. My father fought in WW2 as a submarine sailor in the Pacific making 12 runs. There were only a handful to survive. He received his commission in 1957 and served as a line officer in Korea and Vietnam until his retirement in 1969. I did duty as did two of my brothers and a sister.

I've seen everything you've seen. Maybe more. My life is good, but that doesn't negate the reality of life on this planet. Most struggle for survival.

Just share your predictions. What harm can it do?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree