1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 17:261 edit
    Your Nickname on Red Hot Pawn

If you knew everything you know now about Red Hot Pawn on the day you joined, would you still have chosen your site nickname of record? If not, what other nicknames would you have considered and why? In July, 2007, mine would have become "Boston Lad" ( the same as my "Self Proclaimed Title" in Forum Settings for reasons I'll mention next post).
    If you have other RHP related observations, preferences and/or insights you're invited to participate in Thread 162422
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 18:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Your Nickname on Red Hot Pawn

If you knew everything you know now about Red Hot Pawn on the day you joined, would you still have chosen your site nickname of record? If not, what other nicknames would you have considered and why? In July, 2007, mine would have become "Boston Lad" ( the same as my "Self Proclaimed Title" in Forum Setting ...[text shortened]... ations, preferences and/or insights you're invited to participate in Thread 162422[/b]
    I took Sonhouse and use it elsewhere, in honor of a great blues musician, strangely enough named Son House🙂

I also have been known to use Skipjames (Skip James) and Firk after my main guitar teach, Mike Stewart AKA Backwards Sam Firk (his initials are M. A. S. SAM spelled backwards, so Backwards Sam, then Tom Hoskins AKA FANG, one day added Firk and from then on it was Backwards Sam Firk. RIP. Also Tom Hoskins, RIP. Their big claim to fame was the rediscovery of Mississippi John Hurt. One of Johns records from the 1920's was 'Avalon Blues' where he said Avalon is my home. So they perused old maps of Mississippi and finally found one with Avalon on it and they went down there and lo and behold, found him, he had been employed as a cotton picker for decades after the bust of the first blues run, which basically died in 1929, after the stock crash. So there he was, they brought John Hurt back to Firk's home in Potomac Md where he stayed for 3 months and then went national.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 18:40
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I took Sonhouse and use it elsewhere, in honor of a great blues musician, strangely enough named Son House🙂

I also have been known to use Skipjames (Skip James) and Firk after my main guitar teach, Mike Stewart AKA Backwards Sam Firk (his initials are M. A. S. SAM spelled backwards, so Backwards Sam, then Tom Hoskins AKA FANG, one day added Firk and fr ...[text shortened]... John Hurt back to Firk's home in Potomac Md where he stayed for 3 months and then went national.
    I first read guitar tech, and thought I needed one of those, like 30 years ago 🙁
  4. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    19 Jan '15 21:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 00:211 edit
    Schlecter because no one knows this great chess GM.... Karl Schelecter, he was a contender against Lasker in 1910.
    -
    Other names I use as a chess player: NeverGambits (itsyourturn.com) and Ziro_the_gray (chess.com)
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 00:351 edit
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    Schlecter because no one knows this great chess GM
    Oh please, Karl, Manny and I used to play skittles and drink bier all the time.
  7. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 08:40
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Oh please, Karl, Manny and I used to play skittles and drink bier all the time.
    I was Redbaron in my last incarnation after the german fighter pilot/ alas he got banned/so I became redbadger named after the ferocious honeybadger.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 14:20
    Originally posted by redbadger
    I was Redbaron in my last incarnation after the german fighter pilot/ alas he got banned/so I became redbadger named after the ferocious honeybadger.
    Someone must have liked you, there are about a dozen variations on redbaron now.
  9. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 17:00
    what other nicknames would you have considered?
    for me, the list of my potential usernames would be never-ending,
    relevant to the day's news or absurdities,
    obnoxious,
    and,
    perhaps amusing on some level...

for instance,
    today i would "be", sphincterlad...
    for reasons i'll not yet dictate...
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 19:40
    Originally posted by Schlecter
    Schlecter because no one knows this great chess GM.... Karl Schelecter, he was a contender against Lasker in 1910.
    You could've done him the favour of spelling it correctly at least once out of the two...

(Cue joke about Besser being gut, but Schlechter being besser.)
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 19:43
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 20:20
    [b]Your Nickname on Red Hot Pawn

If you knew everything you know now about Red Hot Pawn on the day you joined, would you still have chosen your site nickname of record? If not, what other nicknames would you have considered and why? In July, 2007, mine would have become "Boston Lad" ( the same as my "Self Proclaimed Title" in Forum Setting ...[text shortened]... ations, preferences and/or insights you're invited to participate in Thread 162422[/b]
    I definitely would not have chosen "Grampy Bobby" that's for sure.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 20:22
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Full of life, meaning and everything...
  14. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 20:25
    Another site I play on has a player calling himself Perpetual Checkmate.
    I would have chosen that had I thought of it first.
  15. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    20 Jan '15 20:271 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I definitely would not have chosen "Grampy Bobby" that's for sure.
    Grampy Bobby3674?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree