1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '14 15:11
    Wow, Google on this thread's title and you'll see that the controversies within Christianity that are covered in this forum (trinity, OSAS, etc.) barely scratch the surface. It seems obvious that faithful Christians need to focus on their own issues, not on those of others.

It is also obvious to me that you'd need to set aside the task of resolving all of the controversies of religion before entering the faith. Otherwise you'll never do it in a single lifetime. It's a waste of time.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '14 15:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    Wow, Google on this thread's title and you'll see that the controversies within Christianity that are covered in this forum (trinity, OSAS, etc.) barely scratch the surface. It seems obvious that faithful Christians need to focus on their own issues, not on those of others.

It is also obvious to me that you'd need to set aside the task of resolving all of t ...[text shortened]... re entering the faith. Otherwise you'll never do it in a single lifetime. It's a waste of time.
    Wow .. wrong ! You can be a Christian and still engage in discussion/argument etc over doctrine. No need to resolve anything.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '14 15:481 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Wow .. wrong ! You can be a Christian and still engage in discussion/argument etc over doctrine. No need to resolve anything.
    Sure you can but what I see is a waste of time in terms of results.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Aug '14 17:31
    Sitting behind your desk, you can see the results over the internet all over the world? Where did you get such powers?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Aug '14 17:531 edit

This is not necessarily true. The New Testament epistles contain some real knock down fights Paul was having with churches under his own ministry.

I think it was sovereign of God that those books recording his debates were passed on to us.

On the other hand, you are right if you mean that we Christians could not [EDITED] remain tossed about by "every wind of teaching in the sleight of men, with a view to a system of error."

We believers have to hold fast the living Head as a living Person and the living Spirit who has the last word in every controversy. And we should receive one another as Christ has received us without jumping on opportunities to argue.

This doesn't mean that I have to write "Stupid" across my forehead and say "Amen" to every wrong twisting of the word of God.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '14 21:12
    Originally posted by sonship

This is not necessarily true. The New Testament epistles contain some real knock down fights Paul was having with churches under his own ministry.

I think it was sovereign of God that those books recording his debates were passed on to us.

On the other hand, you ...[text shortened]... to write "Stupid" across my forehead and say "Amen" to every wrong twisting of the word of God.
    Grudging partial agreement, then.

On reconsideration I think non-violent bickering over doctrine may be a good outlet for the naturally picky people among us.

To raj, I grant I am bickering over bickering, with an expired permit.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 10:52
    I still have too many "toys" which lead to disputes. The day will come when I have no more toys.

I still have some time to let the Lord Jesus work on me.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 16:08

It is also obvious to me that you'd need to set aside the task of resolving all of t ...[text shortened]... re entering the faith. Otherwise you'll never do it in a single lifetime. It's a waste of time.
    So essentially you need to have all the answers before turning to God?

Why turn to God then?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 16:18
    Originally posted by whodey

Why turn to God then?
    The answer may perhaps lay in anthropology and psychology.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 19:53
    Originally posted by whodey

Why turn to God then?
    Is that why people participate in these discussions of controversies? To get answers? I see far more giving of answers than getting of answers.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 22:30
    Originally posted by sonship

On the other hand, you ...[text shortened]... to write "Stupid" across my forehead and say "Amen" to every wrong twisting of the word of God.
    But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

(2 Peter 2:1 NASB)
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 23:18
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But false prophets also arose among the people, just as [b]there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves.

(2 Peter 2:1 NASB)[/b]
    Well here it is 2000 years and more later and there are still 'false' prophets who manage to live into a very long old age.

Christianity proves how stupid the human race is. All religions, actually.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 23:29
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well here it is 2000 years and more later and there are still 'false' prophets who manage to live into a very long old age.

Christianity proves how stupid the human race is. All religions, actually.
    This does not mean that false prophets are going to live for 2000 years. It means that in all ages there have been those that are false teachers, so there will also be false teachers in our time that we must watch out for.
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Aug '14 23:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    The answer may perhaps lay in anthropology and psychology.
    The answer lies within the Word of God.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Aug '14 00:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    The answer lies within the Word of God.
    If you ever saying anything here that gives me a reason to think that God has revealed Himself to you, I will let you know.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree