1. Joined
    10 Jan '10
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 13:26
    If you are going to change the sequence of moves at the point of promoting a pawn I would like to make this suggestion. If a player hits the select button before making the choice, regarding which piece he would like his pawn promoted to, instead of automatically promoting the pawn to a queen a screen should pop up asking the player what choice he would like to make. I had the option of playing towards a knight-bishop mate the other day and playing your old system I lost that option completely. Now that I am used to doing it the old way, I am afraid I will have a hard time breaking that habit.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 16:42
    Originally posted by willpeet
    If you are going to change the sequence of moves at the point of promoting a pawn I would like to make this suggestion. If a player hits the select button before making the choice, regarding which piece he would like his pawn promoted to, instead of automatically promoting the pawn to a queen a screen should pop up asking the player what choice he would li ...[text shortened]... that I am used to doing it the old way, I am afraid I will have a hard time breaking that habit.
    If I wanted to promote to N, I would look around for the option before I clicked 'submit'. But that's just me.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Aug '13 23:22
    Originally posted by willpeet
    If you are going to change the sequence of moves at the point of promoting a pawn I would like to make this suggestion. If a player hits the select button before making the choice, regarding which piece he would like his pawn promoted to, instead of automatically promoting the pawn to a queen a screen should pop up asking the player what choice he would li ...[text shortened]... that I am used to doing it the old way, I am afraid I will have a hard time breaking that habit.
    No problem with you posting this here, but it might be better in the "site ideas" forum where one of the admins may look at it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree