1. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 14:032 edits
    I just got this pm from another member here,

Hello Dear New Friend.

How are you? i hope all is well with you, i hope you may not know me, and i don't know who you are, My Name is Miss suliati mabou, i am just broswing now i came across your profile at (www.redhotpawn.com) it seams like some thing
    touches me all over my body, i started having some feelings in me which i have never experience in me before, so i became interested in you, l will also like to know you the more,and l want you to contact me with my Email address (suliati.mabou@rocketmail.com). so l can give
    you my picture for you to know whom l am..

I believe we can move from here!

I am waiting for you to contact me with my Email address (suliati.mabou@rocketmail.com)

(Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)

Miss suliati mabou

The source is player suliatbaby27.User 683679 Joined march 16, 2012.
    zero moves, zero games, etc.
    How do we stop this sort of thing and has anyone else received a pm like this ?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Mar '12 21:515 edits
    User 683297 called itself suliatibaby2. It's already been banned and the forum thread where it was outed has been removed.

Another, calling itself suliati21, has been sighted but I don't know its current status.

User 683679 called itself suliatbaby27. This is the one you've found. I've just sent feedback and I'm sure it will disappear quickly.

We seem to have a nest of these vipers. If everyone who gets a PM immediately sends feedback we can clean house. Still, I don't think anyone clever enough to play chess is going to get done by an ancient 419 fraud scam, are we??????
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 10:281 edit
    All their account have now been banned. I have put some blocks in place against this individual to stop them returning, and if they do return, I'll add some more intelligent blocking features plus a way for users to classify a message as spam enabling us automatically block related messages early.

And yes, if you get a spammy message, please report it so we can clear up.
  4. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    19 Mar '12 11:57
    Originally posted by Russ
    All their account have now been banned. I have put some blocks in place against this individual to stop them returning, and if they do return, I'll add some more intelligent blocking features plus a way for users to classify a message as spam enabling us automatically block related messages early.

And yes, if you get a spammy message, please report it so we can clear up.
    Thank you.
  5. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 17:22
    Just got another one from a different "user".
    User 684094
  6. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 17:56
    I wouldn't mess with Satan if I were you. lol.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    20 Mar '12 18:15
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    I wouldn't mess with Satan if I were you. lol.
    LOL. I hear that.
    Seriously though, one of the perks of being a sub is not getting all the annoying adds. Getting bogus pm's from "users" who have been on the site for less than 24hrs, directing me to other web sites is a bit ignoring.
    I sent feed back. Hope Russ resolves this issue soon.
  8. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 11:322 edits
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Just got another one from a different "user".
    User 684094
    This is the out-of-the-blue message I received from satan6911 (now banned):

Subject: Merry Christmas

Shut up you delusional faggot. I bet you think u landed on the moon and jesus was a gay like u. Face the truth, but a man and stand for the lord
  9. Joined
    12 Sep '07
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 12:191 edit
    I would take a look to this user too (0 moves + spamming messagges).

User 683205

This is the message I received:
    Hii( zitamoses@yahoo.in )
    I saw your profile and became much interested in you.
    My name is Miss Zita.
    please, contact me with this email adress,so that i can send you my picture for you to know how i look like.
    Here is the email adress( zitamoses@yahoo.in )
    Remember the distance or colour does not matter but love embraces every thing.
    Take very good care of yourself i am expecting your immidiate and urgent respond to my mail as soon as you get this massage
    Yours Zita.

Hope this is the right thread to report
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 12:32
    Originally posted by eineki
    I would take a look to this user too (0 moves + spamming messagges).

User 683205

This is the message I received:
    Hii( zitamoses@yahoo.in )
    I saw your profile and became much interested in you.
    My name is Miss Zita.
    please, contact me with this email adress,so that i can send you my picture for you to know how i look like.
    Here is the ...[text shortened]... s soon as you get this massage
    Yours Zita.

Hope this is the right thread to report
    Feedback is best for this kind of thing, but now banned. Thanks.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '11
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 16:02
    Back when I was an administrator on a different forum, we figured out how to ban by IP address. You can probably do that without a problem, but some people have IP scramblers allowing them to generate IP addresses (I learned that the hard way!) Do you know if you are running into that problem? There's a website that allows you to view the location of someone's IP for free but I can't find it on my phone; if you want it I'll find it for you when I get to work tonight.
  12. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 21:30
    No PM's until 200 moves have been played, don't advertise it though, just have it as a silent threshold with a nice message saying "You have not been using the site long enough to send PM's"
  13. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 21:41
    Originally posted by cadwah
    No PM's until 20,000 moves have been played...

fix'd!
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Mar '12 14:36
    Originally posted by Oleander29
    Back when I was an administrator on a different forum, we figured out how to ban by IP address. You can probably do that without a problem, but some people have IP scramblers allowing them to generate IP addresses (I learned that the hard way!) Do you know if you are running into that problem? There's a website that allows you to view the location of some ...[text shortened]... I can't find it on my phone; if you want it I'll find it for you when I get to work tonight.
    This is a bad idea for more reasons than that, unless you can prove, not guess, that the IP in question is his and his alone.

Richard
  15. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    05 Apr '12 09:36
    This A.M.
    User 685810

Hello dear
    my name is philomina i am intrested in your profile plz reply to my email (philomina4jamesATyahoo.com so that i will send you my pic
    urs
    philomina

( Aside from the clown above, and unless RHP use their own unique numbering system, new user numbers are interesting.. obviously over 2000 new users join every month )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree