1. Standard memberGraemeK
    Beginner
    Toronto
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 03:00
    Just as a matter of interest, I entered into 'March 2012 Banded Threesomes I 1400-1425'. I noticed some recent entrants with much higher tournament/play ratings than the tournament suggests... how come? Kind of seems like us mortals don't have a chance now :-)
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 15:12
    Originally posted by GraemeK
    Just as a matter of interest, I entered into 'March 2012 Banded Threesomes I 1400-1425'. I noticed some recent entrants with much higher tournament/play ratings than the tournament suggests... how come? Kind of seems like us mortals don't have a chance now :-)
    Your tournament entry rating changes every time you complete a game(see the note on your home page which tells you how it works).
    I presume you are referring to "blicher".If you look at his graph, he's won a lot of games recently which will have boosted his rating from when he "qualified" to enter the tournament.
    Also be aware that there's some sad people on this site who will deliberately lose a lot of friendly games to artificially lower their rating which allows them to enter banded tournaments below their real ability.I'm not suggesting anyone in your tournament is guilty of this practice.
  3. Standard memberGraemeK
    Beginner
    Toronto
    Moves
    31 Mar '12 19:14
    Thanks for the info. Odd behaviour. Is that like an ego trip thing? I would have thought playing chess on-line was just a bunch of fun, nothing more ... silly me!
  4. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 13:51
    Originally posted by GraemeK
    Thanks for the info. Odd behaviour. Is that like an ego trip thing? I would have thought playing chess on-line was just a bunch of fun, nothing more ... silly me!
    I think it's more about getting a buzz out of manipulating the system.A bit like people who write computer viruses!!
  5. Standard memberGraemeK
    Beginner
    Toronto
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 14:05
    Odd. I'd go for base jumping :-)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree