Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
www.redhotpawn.com - Play Online Chess

Forgot it?

Debates Forum

Another poor jobs report

Original post by Subscriber sh76, 06 Jul '12 16:21
  1. Joined : 14 Dec '07
    Moves : 3763
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Any kind of revenue, by definition, goes toward reducing the deficit.
    Sorry, meant to write debt there instead of deficit.
  2. Finland
    Moves : 2929
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Sorry, meant to write debt there instead of deficit.
    Any kind of deficit reduction, by definition, goes towards reducing the debt (unless there is a default).
  3. Joined : 14 Dec '07
    Any kind of deficit reduction, by definition, goes towards reducing the debt (unless there is a default).
    I'm sorry, let's go back. How do you define revenue? I've always understood it to mean the gross income of a business, or in this case the government. It doesn't go toward anything until it is allocated. Reducing the deficit for this year wouldn't do anything about the government's accumulated debt.
  4. Back in the Days
    tinyurl.com/2f8dwcn
    Moves : 24269
    Neither one of them will do one thing to reduce the deficit. The only reason the president wants to raise taxes on the wealthy is to pay off voters. He's not going to put any of that revenue toward our national debt.
    Obama is working closely with the Clintons. President Clinton did manage to improve the country's economic situation dramatically.
  5. Joined : 12 Jul '08
    Moves : 7580
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Obama is working closely with the Clintons. President Clinton did manage to improve the country's economic situation dramatically.
    How did Clinton do that?

Oh yeah, he moved to the right and worked with a Republican held House and Senate.

Obama is incapable of moving to the right.

Clinton succeeded because Hillary Care failed. Obama is unwilling to get rid of Obama care.
  6. Finland
    Moves : 2929
    I'm sorry, let's go back. How do you define revenue? I've always understood it to mean the gross income of a business, or in this case the government. It doesn't go toward anything until it is allocated. Reducing the deficit for this year wouldn't do anything about the government's accumulated debt.
    Reducing the deficit would reduce the amount of added debt and thus reduce debt.
  7. Joined : 03 Feb '07
    Moves : 87297
    And now, the jobs report is ancient history.

George Will is right. Romney should have vetted the Bain thing years ago. It may have cost him the election.
  8. Joined : 14 Dec '07
    Reducing the deficit would reduce the amount of added debt and thus reduce debt.
    Right, future debt. There's already 14 trillion dollars of debt on the books. reducing the deficit doesn't do anything about that.
  9. Back in the Days
    tinyurl.com/2f8dwcn
    Moves : 24269
    Need a job?

Come to Cali.

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_21121070/california-created-more-jobs-june

Your city is the bomb
    If your city making pay!
    Put up your finger if you feel the same way!
    Dre puttin' it down for Californ-I-A!

California Love by 2Pac and Dre