1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Jul '13 14:591 edit
    We now (finally) take subscriptions directly from PayPal, and in addition, offer a quarterly subscription option, along with a 3 year option (with one year free.)

PayPal will be used in parallel with our existing payment processor, 2checkout.com, who will continue to handle card transactions. PayPal can be used for cards too, if preferred.

More details here
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 06:32
    Now that was a long time coming. Even my senior citizens' club in Australia takes PayPal - and a lot of us pay that way! Still, better late than never ... 😀
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 09:09
    Originally posted by Russ
    We now (finally) take subscriptions directly from PayPal, and in addition, offer a quarterly subscription option, along with a 3 year option (with one year free.)

PayPal will be used in parallel with our existing payment processor, 2checkout.com, who will continue to handle card transactions. PayPal can be used for cards too, if preferred.

[=/vstat/subs.php]More details here[/]
    Leading Edge!
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 12:15

Is it a 3-year option with one year free, or a 3-year option with one additional year free?
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 12:25
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Is it a 3-year option with one year free, or a 3-year option with one additional year free?
    Four years for the price of 3 - and wouldn't you know my pay date's not long gone!
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 12:32
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Four years for the price of 3 - and wouldn't you know my pay date's not long gone!
    I'm asking Russ to clarify the announcement.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 13:222 edits
    3 * annual rate, additional year at no charge (the fourth year). Total 4 years.
  8. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 18:38

i may be the only one, i don't know...
    paypal has been kryptonite for me ever since i first made the mistake of using back in, 2003??? 2004???
    i am very happy to know you will be offering other systems of payment...

when you go to paypal exclusively, i will be gone...
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jul '13 20:20
    Originally posted by rookie54
    i may be the only one, i don't know...
    paypal has been kryptonite for me ever since i first made the mistake of using back in, 2003??? 2004???
    i am very happy to know you will be offering other systems of payment...

when you go to paypal exclusively, i will be gone...
    Don't worry, its just another option, our existing (and long standing partner, 2checkout.com) will always remain an option. Many people DO want PayPal though, so it should prove worth hooking it up in the long term.
  10. Nottinghamshire, UK
    Moves
    11 Jul '13 14:041 edit

I have just renewed my subscription through Paypal, and am happy to be able to do that, but I would prefer the automatic renewal of payment in future years to be something to be opted into if desired thus preventing the need to create the auto payment with Paypal and then cancel it as I have done. I hope I did not miss an option box to tick for this feature to be active, I would have left it blank if there was one. I shall create then cancel again next year if need be.
  11. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    17 Jul '13 23:48
    Don't worry, its just another option, our existing (and long standing partner, 2checkout.com) will always remain an option. Many people DO want PayPal though, so it should prove worth hooking it up in the long term.
    Will you accept Tesco vouchers? 😀
  12. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    18 Jul '13 13:40
    A little birdie told me there are 83 countries where money can be sent via paypal but not received via paypal.
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    23 Jul '13 21:31
    Ring this special toll free number now and I'll give you an account
    number you can send all your hard earned money to...................🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree