1. edinburgh
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 15:16
    a new opponent (Big Martin) openly admits to using chess databases (and opening books)................is this allowed on this site? Also is this fair?
  2. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 15:32
    When I used to play regularly on this site I wouldn't read anything at all, not even a newspaper, if I had games on the go, just in case I accidentally stumbled upon a chess column or a picture of Bobby Fischer. This obviously had a detrimental effect on my job as a proof reader at Gambit Publications, so in the end I had to stop playing online chess.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 15:42
    Originally posted by sardodos
    a new opponent (Big Martin) openly admits to using chess databases (and opening books)................is this allowed on this site? Also is this fair?
    RHP.COM
    Terms OF Service

3(b) While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party. Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials.

The Instructor
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 17:05
    Originally posted by sardodos
    10 years in and nearly 500,000 moves...............and now you ask this question?
  5. Standard memberatticus2
    Frustrate the Bad
    Liverpool
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 17:36
    lol
  6. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    09 Sep '13 22:02
    Originally posted by atticus2
    lol
    Beat me to it!
  7. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    10 Sep '13 03:02
    This is as good as the "NZ leading the world" thread lol
  8. Joined
    19 Sep '07
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 15:40
    I'd like to make it clear that the reference to databases in my profile refers to game databases only. This is the first complaint I have received.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree