1. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Sep '13 10:16
    Hi i am looking for interesting chess variants like the following, the forbidden city, where the aim is to get the knight to a8 and back to a1 if you are white (h1 and h8 for black) without landing on a square inside the forbidden city, capturing a pawn which guards the forbidden city or landing on a square that is protected by a pawn in the forbidden city.

other simple variants are: Pawn wars where the goal is simply to promote

Rook verses pawn:

etc etc, if you know of any interesting little variants, please let me know - regards robbie.
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 08:45
    I know there is an Italian version of chess where one side just has pawns, the other normal set up - but the pawn side gets 2 moves each go and gets white - supposed to be a win for the pawns
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Sep '13 14:50
    Originally posted by e4chris
    I know there is an Italian version of chess where one side just has pawns, the other normal set up - but the pawn side gets 2 moves each go and gets white - supposed to be a win for the pawns
    yes these little mini games are real fun. The concept is based upon the idea that chess should be fun! hard to believe i know! 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree