1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 18:45
    http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/11/dr-bronners-soap-gmo-labeling-washington

If every company was run like Dr. Bronner's, then maybe even I would get on board.
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    04 Nov '13 22:58
    Originally posted by rwingett
    http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/11/dr-bronners-soap-gmo-labeling-washington

If every company was run like Dr. Bronner's, then maybe even I would get on board.
    Let's face it, Bronner is heroic to you not for his capitalism, but for his way out politics. To me he isn't more or less heroic than Gates, Jobs, Buffet or the Koch brothers.

People rich and poor can spend their own money as the wish.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 01:21
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Let's face it, Bronner is heroic to you not for his capitalism, but for his way out politics. To me he isn't more or less heroic than Gates, Jobs, Buffet or the Koch brothers.

He is heroic. Because he recognizes that there are things more important than the bottom line. He has dared to put a human face on capitalism and has come out farther ahead for it than the Koch brothers ever will.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 05:28
    He is heroic. Because he recognizes that there are things more important than the bottom line. He has dared to put a human face on capitalism and has come out farther ahead for it than the Koch brothers ever will.
    Interesting that your one critique comes from one I'd think to be an ally. But maybe it isn't a critique, it is an elevation.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 06:59
    Originally posted by JS357
    Interesting that your one critique comes from one I'd think to be an ally. But maybe it isn't a critique, it is an elevation.
    Oops, here below is where that comment belongs.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 07:00
    Originally posted by normbenign

7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 08:201 edit

Read the title then saw the posters name, hmmm, that can't be right, and of course it wasn't.

That ain't capitalism dolt boy flame baiter, staking a claim on another persons product so you can scrawl your graffiti on their label is the opposite of capitalism, but I'm sure you knew that already and you had a sudden masochistic urge to get your ass kicked all over the message board, well I for one aren't biting.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 11:41
    Originally posted by JS357
    Why do Norm and I get the same comment?
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 11:42
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Read the title then saw the posters name, hmmm, that can't be right, and of course it wasn't.

That ain't capitalism dolt boy flame baiter, staking a claim on another persons product so you can scrawl your graffiti on their label is the opposite of capitalism, but I'm sure you knew that already and you had a sudden masochistic urge to get your ass kicked all over the message board, well I for one aren't biting.
    The appropriate time to ignore me would have been BEFORE you posted this.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 12:051 edit
    Except he is probably doing what he is doing precisely for the bottom line.
    People who want GMO labelling do so for business reasons.
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 12:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Except he is probably doing what he is doing precisely for the bottom line.
    I don't think so. The article contradicts that, if you've read it.
  12. Joined
    12 Jun '13
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 12:18
    "A Burning Man amulet dangles on a hemp necklace over his tie-dye shirt as he leans in toward" . . . . . ok I can stop reading now
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 12:29
    Originally posted by SMesq
    "A Burning Man amulet dangles on a hemp necklace over his tie-dye shirt as he leans in toward" . . . . . ok I can stop reading now
    Do you assume that successful capitalists must wear business suits? One would think that the freedom to dispose of ones assets as one pleases must surely come with the freedom to dress as one pleases.
  14. Joined
    12 Jun '13
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 13:481 edit
    One man's hero is another man's eco-fascist . . . . . the Heilbronner's have a history of pseudo-religious mental illness & it seems the latest generation are little better.

Imagine this guy running the Great Capitalist Gulag . . . . I'm pretty sure anyone with an 'off-message' perspective would be boiled down into a new line of liquid soap.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    05 Nov '13 13:52
    I don't think so. The article contradicts that, if you've read it.
    So tell me, why do you think he wants GMO products labelled as such?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree