1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 15:03
    In the ACA, we see the goals of the American liberal project writ large: big government, confiscation of private wealth, government control, centralized planning, government knowing what's best for individuals. Modern liberalism has exposed itself. Are Americans finally understanding liberalism for what it is and what it wants? It would seem so. The ACA has Democrats as panicked as either Party has been since Nixon.

Does the ACA herald the end of Liberalism in America?
  2. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 15:081 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Oh how I fervently wish it were so, but no. Leftism is a religion. They didn't learn it from Carter. They didn't learn it from Detroit. These idiots won't learn the lesson until we go full-Venezuela, and even then half of them will find some way to blame Bush, or racism, or whatever.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 15:37
    Modern liberalism has exposed itself.
    Not to you, apparently.

Hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 15:56
    In the ACA, we see the goals of the American liberal project writ large: big government, confiscation of private wealth, government control, centralized planning, government knowing what's best for individuals. Modern liberalism has exposed itself. Are Americans finally understanding liberalism for what it is and what it wants? It would seem so. Th ...[text shortened]... as either Party has been since Nixon.

Are you saying the Obama is doing for the Republicans what GW did for the Democrats? Say it isn't so. 😀
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 18:17
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Not to you, apparently.

Hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberalism
    😀
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 18:21
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Are you saying the Obama is doing for the Republicans what GW did for the Democrats? Say it isn't so. 😀
    They are mirror images.

I even noticed it during the debates. Both "W" and Obama fell flat on their collective faces during the first debate, and then rebounded and won.

Is this intentional? I'm beginning to think so.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 18:253 edits
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Oh how I fervently wish it were so, but no. Leftism is a religion. They didn't learn it from Carter. They didn't learn it from Detroit. These idiots won't learn the lesson until we go full-Venezuela, and even then half of them will find some way to blame Bush, or racism, or whatever.
    dear of dear, sucking up all that right wing propaganda cannot be good for ones Karma

Venezuelans’ quality of life improved at the third-fastest pace worldwide and income inequality narrowed during the presidency of Hugo Chavez, who tapped the world’s biggest oil reserves to aid the poor.

Venezuela moved up seven spots to 73 out of 187 countries in the United Nation’s index of human development from 2006 to 2011, a period that covers the latter half of Chavez’s rule, which ended with his death March 5. That progress trails only Cuba and Hong Kong in the index, which is based on life expectancy, health and education levels.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-03-07/venezuelans-quality-of-life-improved-in-un-index-under-chavez.html

oh dear, perhaps all those bloodsucking multinationals that were kicked out after nationalisation and who were sapping the wealth of the country really had the Venezuelans interests at heart, that's why on their leaving the Venezuelans were lamenting, don't go, please, comeback, we really need you.

don't you just love it when a democratically elected president is ousted from office by a CIA military coup and restored to office by the people. I do.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 19:14
    Since gay marriage is on the boom, I'd say "liberalism" is still very much alive.
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 19:22
    Venezuela? No!

Denmark, ho!
  10. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 20:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    dear of dear, sucking up all that right wing propaganda cannot be good for ones Karma

Venezuelans’ quality of life improved at the third-fastest pace worldwide and income inequality narrowed during the presidency of Hugo Chavez, who tapped the world’s biggest oil reserves to aid the poor.

Venezuela moved up seven spots to 73 out of 187 countrie ...[text shortened]... sident is ousted from office by a CIA military coup and restored to office by the people. I do.
    In Venezuela basic commodities like toilet paper, cooking oil etc are now difficult to come by, says right wing propaganda arm CNN...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/21/world/americas/venezuela-toilet-paper/index.html

And the govt is taking over electronics stores to enforce price controls in an effort to battle rampant inflation, says right wing propaganda arm Reuters...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/09/us-venezuela-economy-idUSBRE9A808C20131109

And the Bolivar has completely tanked against the dollar, going 60 to 1 on the black market, which is having all kinds of wonderful effects, says right wing propaganda arm The LA Times...

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-venezuela-currency-exchange-air-travel-20131112,0,7697325.story#axzz2kegLXZK0

Like I said, leftism is a religion. There is no amount of economic disaster that will shake a leftist's faith in the hive.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 21:182 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    Since gay marriage is on the boom, I'd say "liberalism" is still very much alive.
    Indeed. Here in the states gay males only account for 2% of the population but account for over half the AIDS and STD rates.

In addition, abortion has killed some 50 million unborn children.

These are accomplishments you can all hang your hats on.

Good work ye culture of death and destruction!! 😵

Next on the list, the Republic.........
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 21:292 edits
    In Venezuela basic commodities like toilet paper, cooking oil etc are now difficult to come by, says right wing propaganda arm CNN...

And the govt is taking over electronics stores to enforce price controls in an effort to battle rampant inflation, says right wing propagan ...[text shortened]... eligion. There is no amount of economic disaster that will shake a leftist's faith in the hive.
    I don't think you should be worried about Venezuela, you cannot even provide basic health care to the citizens of the United States of America.
  13. Joined
    02 May '09
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 21:32
    The free market is a religion, pick your religion .
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:04

And the govt is taking over electronics stores to enforce price controls in an effort to battle rampant inflation, says right wing propagan ...[text shortened]... eligion. There is no amount of economic disaster that will shake a leftist's faith in the hive.
    The long and short of it is that everywhere collectivism has lasted for any significant time, shortages, poverty, violence have taken over. The longevity of the leftist "prosperity" depends almost entirely on how much they were able to steal from the capitalists.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:06
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I don't think you should be worried about Venezuela, you cannot even provide basic health care to the citizens of the United States of America.
    We did pretty well until government got involved.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree