1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 23:54
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/25/report-half-of-new-hiv-cases-in-greece-from-2009-2011-self-inflicted-to-get-benefits/

case study contained within a lengthy World Health Organization report reviewing the health inequities among European countries says Greeks may be contracting HIV intentionally in order to go on public assistance.

Wow.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 01:147 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/25/report-half-of-new-hiv-cases-in-greece-from-2009-2011-self-inflicted-to-get-benefits/

[b]case study contained within a lengthy World Health Organization report reviewing the health inequities among European countries says Greeks may be contracting HIV intentionally in order to go on public assistance.

Wow.[/b]
    ok, but the report and case study provides no data simply a statement. Its on page 154 of the pdf. In fact what it actually says is,

Suicides rose by 17% between 2007 and 2009 and
    to 25% in 2010, according to unofficial 2010 data
    (398)
    The Minister of Health reported a further 40% rise in the
    first half of 2011 compared with the same period in 2010.
    Suicide attempts have also increased, particularly among
    people reporting economic distress
    (610)
    Homicide and theft rates have doubled. HIV rates and heroin use have
    risen significantly
    , with about half of new HIV infections
    being self-inflicted to enable people to receive benefits
    of €700 per month and faster admission on to drug-
    substitution programmes. Prostitution has also risen,
    probably as a response to economic hardship. Health care
    access has declined as hospital budgets have been cut
    by about 40%
    (398)
    and it is estimated that 26 000 public health workers (9100 doctors) will lose their jobs
    (611)
    Furthercuts are expected as a result of recent negotiations with the IMF and European Central Bank

what kind of case study relies on unofficial data and wholly unscientific data expressed in terms like 'risen significantly' and 'about half'.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 12:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok, but the report and case study provides no data simply a statement. Its on page 154 of the pdf. In fact what it actually says is,

to 25% in 2010, [b]according to unofficial 2010 data

(398)
    first half of 2011 compared with the s ...[text shortened]... ta and wholly unscientific data expressed in terms like 'risen significantly' and 'about half'.[/b]
    Master, how is it possible to self inflict aids?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 13:25
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Master, how is it possible to self inflict aids?
    sharing a needle with someone whom you know is HIV+ gwasshopper
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 16:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie

to 25% in 2010, [b]according to unofficial 2010 data

(398)
    first half of 2011 compared with the s ...[text shortened]... ta and wholly unscientific data expressed in terms like 'risen significantly' and 'about half'.[/b]
    Are you saying that people are not intentionally getting AIDS to get benefits? Are you saying that the story I linked is a total fabrication?
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 16:25

Looks like the World Health Organization caught some of the bad stuff over this story and retracted it.

In any case, the story still says that it happens. The only reason why anyone would intentionally get aids is because having aids get rewarded. People will do what gets rewarded. This is the part of human nature that lefties don't understand.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 16:26
    Are you saying that people are not intentionally getting AIDS to get benefits? Are you saying that the story I linked is a total fabrication?
    The Ministry of Health claims the explanation for the increase in new HIV infections is due to people intentionally infecting themselves. Could it not be that the Ministry of Health is making this up, or at least greatly exaggerating it, in order to refute criticism that budget cuts are killing people?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 16:30
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The Ministry of Health claims the explanation for the increase in new HIV infections is due to people intentionally infecting themselves. Could it not be that the Ministry of Health is making this up, or at least greatly exaggerating it, in order to refute criticism that budget cuts are killing people?
    Yes, he could be exaggerating things.

I find it disturbing that anyone would choose to do such a thing. It is an unintended consequence of policy.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 16:47
    What I am saying is that the report and the case study provided by the WHO is based upon unofficial and uncorroborated data and makes claims without the slightest evidence. Whether it is fabricated remains to be seen.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 16:59
    Yes, he could be exaggerating things.

I find it disturbing that anyone would choose to do such a thing. It is an unintended consequence of policy.
    On the other hand, the explanation given in the updated article (sloppy research by the WHO) seems a bit more plausible.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 17:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    On the other hand, the explanation given in the updated article (sloppy research by the WHO) seems a bit more plausible.
    even then its very unscientific, after all, how many is a few?
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 19:10
    The only reason why anyone would intentionally get aids is because having aids get rewarded. People will do what gets rewarded. This is the part of human nature that lefties don't understand.
    Help me understand the benefits of AIDS.

Lefty Wolfie
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '13 19:14
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Help me understand the benefits of AIDS.

Lefty Wolfie
    Evidently if you have aids in Greece you can qualify for public assistance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree