1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 19:08
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/12/affluenza-dwi-dui-texas/3999487/

To make a long story short, a 16 year old boy get smashed and goes for a ride and hits a car killing 4 and paralyzing one person. His parents are loaded, and then hire a psychologist to claim that the boy suffers from "afluenza", the disease of having rich parents who pamper you your whole life and never impose consequences on them. Thus, the wreck is no longer the fault of the 16 year old, but is the fault of the parents. The parents were then ordered to pay about half a million dollars for the boy to seek rehab in a plush environment for 10 days.

There, justice served. 😵
  2. Germany
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 20:44
    That's typical class warfare and envy from you again, whodey. How is this kid going to create jobs while in prison?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 20:52
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    That's typical class warfare and envy from you again, whodey. How is this kid going to create jobs while in prison?
    Why should this kid be treated any differently than a poor kid?

Lock him up and throw away the keys.
  4. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    13 Dec '13 23:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/12/affluenza-dwi-dui-texas/3999487/

To make a long story short, a 16 year old boy get smashed and goes for a ride and hits a car killing 4 and paralyzing one person. His parents are loaded, and then hire a psychologist to claim that the boy suffers from "afluenza", the disease of having rich parents who pa ...[text shortened]... lars for the boy to seek rehab in a plush environment for 10 days.

There, justice served. 😵
    When I saw this story on CNN today, I called the Tarrant County Juvenile Justice Division and made my feelings known. This is an outrage.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 00:23

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 02:56
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Now the only ones who can afford quality health care are the uber rich like this kid.....thanks to the ACA.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 02:571 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    When I saw this story on CNN today, I called the Tarrant County Juvenile Justice Division and made my feelings known. This is an outrage.
    Does our government care? With a Congressional approval rating of only 5% I dare say they don't.

I say that all of Congress suffers from "afluenza". I just love that term, it's hysterical!! 😵
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 02:57
    Originally posted by Eladar

The only way this kid would be held accountable for anything would be if he got his teacher pregnant. 😛
  9. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 06:39
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I am sure they put you on the "Troublemaker List" and will keep a "special watch" on you.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 12:03
    Originally posted by Eladar

Because if we lock up this kid, all wealthy people are going to pack their bags and move somewhere else. Then who are going to be the job creators?
  11. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 14:13
    Meh...rich people get preferential treatment, this is nothing new, it's as old as human history.
    I knew a guy in his 40's, got in a car accident while drunk, his friend/passenger was killed, he was sent to prison for 5 years, lost his home and his wife had to move on, when he got out she had remarried and he gets to visit his kids once in awhile.
    Sad, he made a mistake and it ruined his life.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 14:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Because if we lock up this kid, all wealthy people are going to pack their bags and move somewhere else. Then who are going to be the job creators?
    That kid will probably be President someday. 😵
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    14 Dec '13 15:16
    What did you expect from Texas?😕
  14. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    15 Dec '13 02:39
    Originally posted by whodey

To make a long story short, a 16 year old boy get smashed and goes for a ride and hits a car killing 4 and paralyzing one person. His parents are loaded, and then hire a psychologist to claim that the boy suffers from "afluenza", the disease of having rich parents who pa ...[text shortened]... lars for the boy to seek rehab in a plush environment for 10 days.

There, justice served. 😵
    whodey...why don't you let the justice system work, and go and work on your endgames or something.😞
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '13 15:001 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    whodey...why don't you let the justice system work, and go and work on your endgames or something.😞
    Don't you mean let the system not work?

Are you suggesting that justice has been served?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree