1. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 02:031 edit
    As the future of their show lies in doubt, the Duck Dynasty clan are still making millions thanks to their megabucks Walmart merchandising deal, MailOnline can today reveal.

The Robertson family has a merchandise empire that is estimated by Forbes to be worth about $400million - and their deal with Walmart makes up around half of this.

And today, as Walmart refused to comment on the future of their relationship with the TV family, just one glimpse at the chainstore's website shows fans are flocking to buy Duck Dynasty merchandise amid the furor over patriach Phil Robertson's homophobic comments.

Only in the good old US of A..... find a need,, and fill that need...
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 02:43
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    As the future of their show lies in doubt, the Duck Dynasty clan are still making millions thanks to their megabucks Walmart merchandising deal, MailOnline can today reveal.

The Robertson family has a merchandise empire that is estimated by Forbes to be worth about $400million - and their deal with Walmart makes up around half of this.

And today, as ...[text shortened]... 's homophobic comments.

Only in the good old US of A..... find a need,, and fill that need...
    Yes and to be fair, Variety thinks A&E made a savvy entertainment business decision by suspending Robertson. At some level, it's all about the $.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-suspension-why-ae-has-played-its-cards-right-1200974512/
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 03:00
    It's a meme fest. It along with other issues such as Health care and gun control have deepened the division in our country.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Dec '13 05:44
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It's a meme fest. It along with other issues such as Health care and gun control have deepened the division in our country.
    To the extent that it has made more people disagree with me, that is true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree