1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    31 Jan '14 00:142 edits
    Has anyone ever asked you to move faster? LOL, about seven months ago a paying member asked me to move faster on 14 day time limits. At that time I had 400+ games going. I resigned to make him happy. But for crying out loud this is a correspondence site.
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    31 Jan '14 00:39
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Has anyone ever asked you to move faster? LOL, about seven months ago a paying member asked me to move faster on 14 day time limits. At that time I had 400+ games going. I resigned to make him happy. But for crying out loud this is a correspondence site.
    I've no idea why an impatient person signs up for 14 days per move. They have no one to blame but themselves.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    31 Jan '14 00:591 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I've no idea why an impatient person signs up for 14 days per move. They have no one to blame but themselves.
    And plus obviously like I said they're a paying member so they had 20+ games. And while you're waiting for moves here on this site you can play blitz on UChess.com or the one that we have here. And that's why they have the notes column so that you won't forget your move you might want to make while waiting for them to move.
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    01 Feb '14 14:17
    Geez, if someone asks you to move faster, why don't they get straight to the cusp of the matter and ask you to blunder and save time?

Chess players can be funny in the most bizarre ways.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 20:33
    LOL it happened again today in a private message sent to me. From a nonpaying member this time. Who only has five games going. Don't they understand that this is a correspondence chess site. They should tell the postman to mail my move faster 😉. They should just wait by playing a blitz game duh! I'm trying to reach 1000 games where I move 50 a day. Zorrothefox is averaging 614 moves a day and he has 678 games going. But if I had 1,000 games it would be impossible for me to move 1,000 or even 2,000 moves a day. 1,000 moves at 15 seconds takes 4 hrs. and 15 mins. 2,000 moves at 15 seconds would take 8 hrs. and 20 mins.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    04 Mar '14 20:42
    I'm with you there!
    You shouldn't have resigned.
    I would have played every move exactly after 14 days! 😉
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 15:307 edits
    Alfredthegreat is the one who complained and he just complained again and called me a jackass LOL.

This is what he said:
    >your a jackass. I am sure your rating is from players who get totally frustrated with you not from your skill.

Don't know why he said that obviously my ratings low. No one likes a complainer. Life's not fair! No one has ever resigned on me because I moved to slow.

I tried to send him a message saying you know I'm trying to build up games of 21 days. And make moves so all my games last a year. But he had ignored me so it won't go through to him so could someone please tell him. Also I've already used up a lot of gigabytes. So from now on till the 22nd I will be basically making moves at my parents house.

I just looked for our match I guess that idiot resigned because he didn't want to wait too long. I guess become a paying member and you can have more than six games. I can't please everyone! I guess he figured I'd win and destroy him just like in our first match, so he didn't want to wait a whole year to lose.
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 15:323 edits
    Giannotti is the other player that complained about know 7 or 8 months ago. He is on the fast moves clan. If you look at our games you can see that I resigned early on three of the four matches. I can guarantee you I would've at least one one of those three games I resigned on just to be nice or at least drew 2 of them.
  9. Joined
    28 Dec '11
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 16:37
    you should've cheated. I would have lol
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    06 Mar '14 17:17
    Originally posted by tim88
    you should've cheated. I would have lol
    Do you mean cheated by moving at the last second possible? Moving at the last second possible isn't cheating. This is correspondence chess. I guarantee you that no one has ever complained in true correspondence chess by mail of someone moving too slow. Out of the 200+ matches going I have right now two players have losing positions I don't complain that they move too slow.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree