1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 14:06
    We might as well start a thread about this. It is only a matter of time, and God knows we don't need a thousand threads on it.

So why should the nation elect Hillary? Do we even need to wait for the GOP to offer their prgoressive sacrificial lamb Romney-look alike candidate to begin to debat this?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 17:041 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    We might as well start a thread about this. It is only a matter of time, and God knows we don't need a thousand threads on it.

So why should the nation elect Hillary? Do we even need to wait for the GOP to offer their prgoressive sacrificial lamb Romney-look alike candidate to begin to debat this?
    Actually we do need to compare Hillary Clinton to viable alternatives including Democrats, independents, etc. "Should vote for" always includes "compared to what?"

Here is a run-down that is pretty exhaustive.

http://www.politics1.com/p2016.htm
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 20:04
    President Emperor Caesar (D FL) FTW
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 00:10
    Originally posted by JS357
    Actually we do need to compare Hillary Clinton to viable alternatives including Democrats, independents, etc. "Should vote for" always includes "compared to what?"

Here is a run-down that is pretty exhaustive.

http://www.politics1.com/p2016.htm
    Well let's see, Hillary and Biden.

Pffthahahahaha!!

No really, let's just skip the whole song and dance and talk about Hillary.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 00:24
    Well let's see, Hillary and Biden.

Pffthahahahaha!!

No really, let's just skip the whole song and dance and talk about Hillary.
    WWFS (What would Fox say.)
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 00:43

I seriously don't think Hillary Clinton is a viable national candidate. She carries extraordinarily high negatives. In short, those who love her really love her, but there are a lot more ambivalent and strongly disapprove, and she isn't a good campaigner in terms of changing opinions. She won her NY Senate seat against almost no opposition.

However, I think more Presidential elections are lost than won, so a bad choice of candidate by the Republicans could hand Mrs. Clinton or even Joe Biden the presidency.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 01:37

why should you elect her? because you are too used to namby pamby wishy washy presidents, Mrs Clinton will sort you out!
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 01:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why should you elect her? because you are too used to namby pamby wishy washy presidents, Mrs Clinton will sort you out!
    What do people here think of Andrew Cuomo? Not whether you agree with his politics; whether he can attract votes/his strengths and vulnerabilities.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 02:351 edit
    What do people here think of Andrew Cuomo? Not whether you agree with his politics; whether he can attract votes/his strengths and vulnerabilities.
    he looks Italian. Id like to see Mrs Obama as president, i think she is a much better and animated public speaker than her husband, more pretty too.
  10. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 03:19

Sorry little whodey.... Hillary lead's the field by a pretty big margin. It's going to be every so much fun reading the sniveling, ranting, and whining posts from you and all the other right wingers out there. Who knows, maybe Elizabeth Warren will end up as attorney general, and Rachel Maddow will be Secretary of State (she is a rhodes scholar you know!) As for myself, I'm going to watch that documentary on the Reagan's again, you know, the one with JANE FONDA playing the roll of Nancy Reagan. 😀😀😀
  11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 03:20
    he looks Italian. Id like to see Mrs Obama as president, i think she is a much better and animated public speaker than her husband, more pretty too.
    Robbie, I like the way you think!
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 03:58
    You are joking "right"?!!!? My dog looks better than her
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 09:09
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    You are joking "right"?!!!? My dog looks better than her
    your dog? did you really compare Mrs Obama with your dog? wow

....its true, there really is a zombie apocalypse, try to reason with them all you like, all you get is slobber and drool
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 09:18
    Originally posted by bill718
    Robbie, I like the way you think!
    I have not heard many of her speeches but the ones I have heard her delivery was quite excellent. She exudes a certain sincerity which I don't think Mrs Clinton can carry off as naturally for the latter is far to used to the cut and thrust of politics and it has hardened her at least on the outside, this is my theory anyhow. Adversity often does that, instead of making us more empathetic to the suffering of others it makes us somehow more hardened, but i digress. Are Americans really ready for a lady president, I sure hope so.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 09:46
    Much stronger candidate than Hillary Clinton. Fewer negatives, less known, but known enough. He and others like him will derail Mrs. Clinton.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree