1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 20:18
    I have sent a message to someone who played me recently about what they may have done during our game. I want to know if some of what I typed violated the rule about not helping someone that could apply the information to other games the person might be playing.

My text was. . .
    ------------------
    Lastly, you might have played Ne5xc6 on move 22. It attacks a rook and bishop at the same time. You would have to see if it plays out to your favor. Either way, always look for moves like that which may be available.

The rook is more important than a knight.
    ---------------
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Mar '14 20:33
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    I have sent a message to someone who played me recently about what they may have done during our game. I want to know if some of what I typed violated the rule about not helping someone that could apply the information to other games the person might be playing.

My text was. . .
    ------------------
    Lastly, you might have played Ne5xc6 on move 22. It ...[text shortened]... like that which may be available.

The rook is more important than a knight.
    ---------------
    Providing it is not covert help to them in a current game of theirs it is fine.
  3. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 14:181 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    That is a strange response. Because obviously someone could be playing 200+ games so would be very close for that being possible. Like I've said before on this site there's no reason to talk about openings either because obviously that's opening is going on somewhere on the site. 😕
    Also technically speaking a database is third party help. 😉
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 Mar '14 15:38
    It is clear from the original post that KingonPoint wrote to their original opponent, so no covert help here.

However some people might be embarrased if you point out their mistakes.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 02:52
    By covert help I mean that if you see a game progressing the same as
    your game and you then gave advice on what should have been played
    - that would in effect be giving advice on a game in progress.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Mar '14 02:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That is a strange response.
    You being an expert on "strange"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree