1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 06:191 edit
    Just curious, where do you go for news, what online sources, or radio, etc? Not for a specific issue, which is different, but for a general update? CNN? Fox? MSNBC? Google News? Other?
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 08:19
    Originally posted by JS357
    Just curious, where do you go for news, what online sources, or radio, etc? Not for a specific issue, which is different, but for a general update? CNN? Fox? MSNBC? Google News? Other?
    i use the "get headlines from wherever, then google it and read about it from different sources" method.

but i would be interested in what reliable source you people have. right now i trust bbc a little. i have 0 faith in major american news agencies (cnn, nbc or fox)
  3. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 08:31
    The New York Times site, the BBC site, cbsnews.com, Reuters, and CNN's site, and a few others. I used to go to nbcnews.com until a couple months ago when they utterly butchered the site and rendered it a useless picture book for frigging morons. Tablet and "smart"phone users are ruining the Internet.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 08:464 edits
    Yes it has long perplexed me simply because of bias, the BBC has probably the most nationalistic news in the world and should be renamed the EBC (English broadcasting corporation), CNN is quite interesting although i find it annoying that many of their articles are in video format whereas I much prefer to read news. I was amazed at the Huffignton post, I thought it would be quality and found that I was barraged with sheer trivia and celebrity gossip. I have not dared go near Fox News in case I get assimilated and end up a borg. One of my favourites is RT (Russia today) mainly for their documentaries exposing corrupt elements in western capitalism and unscrupulous corporations like Monsanto. Is there anywhere to can get unbiased news? I dont think so.
  5. Subscriberinvigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    Buxted UK
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 08:49
    Anyone but Murdoch
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 08:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes it has long perplexed me simply because of bias, the BBC has probably the most nationalistic news in the world and should be renamed the EBC (English broadcasting corporation), CNN is quite interesting although i find it annoying that many of their articles are in video format whereas I much prefer to read news. I was amazed at the huffignton po ...[text shortened]... pulous corporations like Monsanto. Is there anywhere to can get unbiased news? I dont think so.
    I watch RT News on television with increasing frequency. Of course, you never hear anything bad said about Russia there, but you certainly get a new angle on world events.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 08:514 edits
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    I watch RT News on television with increasing frequency. Of course, you never hear anything bad said about Russia there, but you certainly get a new angle on world events.
    yes its the total antithesis of the news stations like Fox, sometimes so much so that its hilarious. They have dodgy looking academics on webcams that look like the comic book guy from the Simpsons broadcasting from their moms basement which is pretty cool.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 08:581 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    What about the real news network, ever go there? It proudly carries the banner, NO ADVERTISING, GOVERNMENT OR CORPORATE FUNDING

http://therealnews.com/t2/
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 19:43
    yes its the total antithesis of the news stations like Fox, sometimes so much so that its hilarious. They have dodgy looking academics on webcams that look like the comic book guy from the Simpsons broadcasting from their moms basement which is pretty cool.
    The difference between RT and Fox is, RT often speaks the truths no one else dares to speak, whilst Fox tells the lies no one else has the balls to tell. RT has even interviewed Noam Chomsky, who is otherwise invisible in the Western news media.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 19:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 19:56
    What about the real news network, ever go there? It proudly carries the banner, NO ADVERTISING, GOVERNMENT OR CORPORATE FUNDING

http://therealnews.com/t2/
    Nice site. I'll bookmark it.
  12. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 19:59
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Oops, I should have said US news media. It doesn't surprise me that Chomsky has a higher profile in Europe, since he is quite critical of US foreign and domestic policy. In the US I'm only aware (because someone told me) of Chomsky appearing on PBS (the Public Broadcasting System) at least once.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 20:15
    I guess I'm convenience oriented, so I listen to 760 am talk radio, which carries a lot of conservative hosts, but is an ABC affiliate for national news.

If a story catches my fancy, or I think I'm not getting the whole scoop, I try almost any source on line or on TV.

For a quick update, I like CNN's headline news, due to its brevity and format. In depth, I gravitate toward people with an opinion either the opposite or same as my own. Either tends to help me test my hypothesis.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 23:181 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i use the "get headlines from wherever, then google it and read about it from different sources" method.

but i would be interested in what reliable source you people have. right now i trust bbc a little. i have 0 faith in major american news agencies (cnn, nbc or fox)
    Reading the major news sources is very important. The value is not so much knowing what is really going on in the world, rather, it is what the said government wants you to believe that is of value.

For example, I remeber Obama saying he wanted to attack Syria. The major news outlets ran 24/7 coverage showing the "atrocities" that the Syrians were committing. Of course, it was one of those rare times when the American people simply had had enough of invading other countries and refused to support the endevour despinte the propaganda.
  15. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    07 Apr '14 23:42
    PBS 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree