1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 17:26
    I tried to connect and got 'bad gateway' from several angles, anyone know what 'bad gateway' means? Is it the chess site gone down or is it a server problem?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 18:41
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I tried to connect and got 'bad gateway' from several angles, anyone know what 'bad gateway' means? Is it the chess site gone down or is it a server problem?
    It was just maintenance, they will be back soon.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 19:15
    It's up now.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 19:47
    It means you shoulda bought a Dell. πŸ˜•
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 19:48
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    It's up now.
    Well, you're still young. 😞
  6. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    12 Apr '14 20:20
    I'm glad they fixed it. Yesterday, I played a game and suddenly my opponent's knight and bishop moved to totally different places on the board...I couldn't figure it out. It was the most weird and frustrating game I've ever played because the pieces showed as being in different locations to me but they weren't to my opponent-needless to say I lost the game!
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Apr '14 01:36
    Originally posted by King Tiger
    I'm glad they fixed it. Yesterday, I played a game and suddenly my opponent's knight and bishop moved to totally different places on the board...I couldn't figure it out. It was the most weird and frustrating game I've ever played because the pieces showed as being in different locations to me but they weren't to my opponent-needless to say I lost the game!
    And so much money riding on it tooπŸ™‚
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 14:40
    That site always has problems, Bad connection. Chesscube.com is better for blitz!
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 12:39
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    That site always has problems, Bad connection. Chesscube.com is better for blitz!
    Yeah, I get ripped off in games at chess.com all the time, where it says bad connection or something and in a three minute game where I have 30 seconds left and that goes by and the other guy gets a nice gift. It always seems to go against me. Like 10 to 1. It almost makes me think these players can hack the timer or something. You ever get that feeling?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 14:49
    Yeah, I get ripped off in games at chess.com all the time, where it says bad connection or something and in a three minute game where I have 30 seconds left and that goes by and the other guy gets a nice gift. It always seems to go against me. Like 10 to 1. It almost makes me think these players can hack the timer or something. You ever get that feeling?
    lichess.org is the best chess site period and its not frequented by fat cats like Eric the fat cat owner of chess.com who sends you begging letters saying that it costs zillions to host the site when infact he takes home more than 40 times that of other employees for no other reason than he managed to buy the domain name, chess.com. He sucks and so does chess.com.
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 01:50
    I have just one GIP there. It's a game I feel is an easy win. My much higher rated opponent waits until the last possible second to move. I had several conditional moves stored. So he waits as long as he can, then moves. Then BAM, I reply instantly. I hope he thinks I am relentless and predatory. I already said what he is in another thread. (Prick)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree