What do you prefer?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '14 23:18
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    What do you prefer?
    Between the two, I'd say "thin crispy" but not "crunchy thin" like a cracker.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 01:06
    Thin slightly crispy like in Rome. Not too much stuff on it.

Amici's is pretty close but is probably US-only.

From the web site: "The friends discovered that their favorite pizzerias had something in common: a traditional, Italian brick oven. The 700 degree temperatures of the stone hearths produced thin crusts that were crisp, airy, and slightly chewy. When the pies ingredients were of the highest quality and freshness, those hot bricks melded together the flavors just right, for a taste that was nothing short of perfection. "

But Vicolo makes a corn bread pizza that is special, maybe because my wife introduced it to me when we were dating. Apparently available only in 3 US states.

I could go on about pizza. At my work we had informal coed softball teams (complete with t shirts) and all the games were followed by pizza and beer. We weren't picky about either. Those days are gone.
  4. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 01:43
    What do you prefer?
    bread-like with lots of toppings
  5. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 01:46
    What do you prefer?
    Thin crust of rye bread, the thinnest layer of sauce, bacon, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, black olives, mozzarella, and mushrooms.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 01:48
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Thin crust of rye bread, the thinnest layer of sauce, bacon, Canadian bacon, pepperoni, black olives, mozzarella, and mushrooms.
    Don't forget the anchovies.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 02:10
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    Don't forget the anchovies.
    Maybe on your half. 😕
  8. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 07:01
    Thin crispy, tomato sauce, ham, mushrooms, pineapple, shredded cheese.
  9. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 10:42
    not too thin, with quattro formagi
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 10:44
    I noticed that deeppan thick pizza goes well with at least two kinds of salads, and that one crusty thin isn't enough. It reminds me then on some mediterranean pasta "mlinci"
    Reveal Hidden Content
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mlinci

So I ususally order 2 pieces of thin pizza. And I take one half with me...
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 15:34
    I noticed that deeppan thick pizza goes well with at least two kinds of salads, and that one crusty thin isn't enough. It reminds me then on some mediterranean pasta "mlinci"
    [hidden]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mlinci[/hidden]
    So I ususally order 2 pieces of thin pizza. And I take one half with me...
    I just like em thin fat or in between with French fries salad and loads of dip then for mains a T bone mixed grill with all the trimmings plus more French fries then for pud a family sized apple pie and loads of homemade custard and a large bucket to be sick in.
  12. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 15:41
    I make my own pizza and generally go thin if it's just for me, and thick if it's Family pizza day. I like to make pizza after i've made Bolognaise, then i can spoon some on the pizza...mmmm tastey.
  13. Joined
    10 May '07
    Moves
    15 Apr '14 17:31
    Some restaurants bake their pizzas in stone ovens - the pizzas taste very nice but the place can get a little smoky and unpleasant perhaps.
  14. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:08
    Originally posted by lolof
    Some restaurants bake their pizzas in stone ovens - the pizzas taste very nice but the place can get a little smoky and unpleasant perhaps.
    Mostly thin and crispy for me unless I'm in the mood for a fold over pizza sandwich. But I just don't usually care for too much bread. Otherwise it's all good.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 15:15
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Mostly thin and crispy for me unless I'm in the mood for a fold over pizza sandwich. But I just don't usually care for too much bread. Otherwise it's all good.
    rather have a stir fry

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree