1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '14 23:411 edit
    What is the normal way to put in comments for a game I played on RHP. I would like to post it in a thread and show my comments during the PGN. Then I want responses telling me if I am accurate and also to tell me other things that I did not bring up during the PGN comments.
  2. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 03:08
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    What is the normal way to put in comments for a game I played on RHP. I would like to post it in a thread and show my comments during the PGN. Then I want responses telling me if I am accurate and also to tell me other things that I did not bring up during the PGN comments.
    within the pgn use {} to enclose your comments so.

[pgn.] 1. e4 {pawn e4} [/pgn] Just remove the original period in the first pgn brackets and you get

3. e4
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 12:13
    I've just sucked this across from the last bloggy thing.

If you click on the 'Reply and Quote' buttonyou will see how this was done in the PGN.

It is important that you leave a space before the { Thus:

"1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 c5 {Well....."

and space before the } at the end of the note. Thus:

"...are 100% forced too.} 4. Nf3"

game 1,000,001 on RHP.

keepacoldone (1247) - kelv (962) RHP 2005

4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 18:19
    If you annotate a game in chessbase, then copy and paste the pgn, you will get this:

[Event "Backyard Open"]
    [Site "?"]
    [Date "2014.04.19"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "Patzer"]
    [Black "Me"]
    [Result "*"]
    [PlyCount "9"]

1. f3 {That's weird} e5 2. Kf2 {No one plays the Toilet Bowl against me and
    lives!!} Bc5+ 3. e3 Qh4+ 4. g3 Qh6 5. Kg2 {OK, so maybe they do live. *gulp*} *

Take all the Carriage Returns out of the notation if you want it to work on RHP.

[Event "Backyard Open"]
    [Site "?"]
    [Date "2014.04.19"]
    [Round "?"]
    [White "Patzer"]
    [Black "Me"]
    [Result "*"]
    [PlyCount "9"]

1. f3 {That's weird} e5 2. Kf2 {No one plays the Toilet Bowl against me and lives!!} Bc5+ 3. e3 Qh4+ 4. g3 Qh6 5. Kg2 {OK, so maybe they do live. *gulp*} *

5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Apr '14 20:08
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    I have an annotated game which I use as a template. I can send it to you by PM (private mail) if you wish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree