1. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    06 May '14 01:122 edits
    My rating for standard chess shows as 1366 when I offer a game but it shows as 1728 in game.

I wouldn't really care except I can never get better players to accept my games and always get stuck playing weaker opposition. Does anybody know if this is a common issue and if there is a way to fix it?

Here is a game I played recently there just to post a game. Comments are welcome.

2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 May '14 02:07
    Ichop,
    What did the ICC people say about your rating issue? Can they fix it?
  3. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    06 May '14 02:27
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Ichop,
    What did the ICC people say about your rating issue? Can they fix it?
    They have yet to answer.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 May '14 07:05
    Originally posted by iChopWoodForFree
    My rating for standard chess shows as 1366 when I offer a game but it shows as 1728 in game.
    The game you posted is presumably "blitz" (albeit a very slow one!)

You will have a blitz grade and a correspondence grade.
    Unlike on RHP where all blitz games are friendlies.
  5. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    06 May '14 12:421 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    The game you posted is presumably "blitz" (albeit a very slow one!)

You will have a blitz grade and a correspondence grade.
    Unlike on RHP where all blitz games are friendlies.
    The pgn shows the time control. It was 45/45

And in the headers it shows my rating as 1673, which has climbed a bit as it is hard to lose a long game against people ~200-300 points lower than you.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 May '14 14:27
    My rating for standard chess shows as 1366 ...
    Does anybody know if this is a common issue and if there is a way to fix it?
    Beat more people until your rating for standard chess 'shows' as 1700. 😛
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    06 May '14 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Beat more people until your rating for standard chess 'shows' as 1700. 😛
    You're an idiot. Is there a way to block certain users from posting in my threads?

I'd have to block this blockhead and swissgambit since they are obviously one and the same.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 May '14 18:16
    You're an idiot. Is there a way to block certain users from posting in my threads?

I'd have to block this blockhead and swissgambit since they are obviously one and the same.
    Hmm, I was on ICC for years, and never once did I hear of a bug like this.

And it's you who is on my turf. You're a newcomer to this place. I've been here for 10 years. So, if you have a problem with me, then piss off.
  9. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    06 May '14 18:29
    Hmm, I was on ICC for years, and never once did I hear of a bug like this.

And it's you who is on my turf. You're a newcomer to this place. I've been here for 10 years. So, if you have a problem with me, then piss off.
    You're right. A troll's turf is the whole internet.

My apologies, Mr. Troll.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 May '14 18:45
    You're right. A troll's turf is the whole internet.

My apologies, Mr. Troll.
    A troll is not merely someone who happens to disagree with you. Or even someone who holds you in contempt.

I have an almost allergic reaction to cowardly control-freaks like you that go running for the 'ban' button the minute they find they have to contend with even the slightest of criticisms.

There are plenty of sites that encourage this sort of dictatorial behavior. RHP is generally not one of them. So, if that is what you really want, you'd do better looking elsewhere.

Or, you may stay and have further discussions with me. Either way. Your call.
  11. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    06 May '14 18:50
    A troll is not merely someone who happens to disagree with you. Or even someone who holds you in contempt.

I have an almost allergic reaction to cowardly control-freaks like you that go running for the 'ban' button the minute they find they have to contend with even the slightest of criticisms.

There are plenty of sites that encourage this sort ...[text shortened]... king elsewhere.

Or, you may stay and have further discussions with me. Either way. Your call.
    A troll is not merely someone who happens to disagree with you.

You didn't disagree, you posted an off topic, inflammatory comment.
  12. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    06 May '14 18:55
    Originally posted by iChugWoodForFree
    [b]A troll is not merely someone who happens to disagree with you.

You didn't disagree, you posted an off topic, inflammatory comment.[/b]
    I disagreed that there is a bug on ICC that puts out a seek at one rating, but shows another rating during the game. In other words, I don't believe you. I think it is far more likely that you are confused about how ICC ratings work. Take a harder look at that, and you may even solve your own problem.
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    06 May '14 19:411 edit
    I disagreed that there is a bug on ICC that puts out a seek at one rating, but shows another rating during the game. In other words, I don't believe you. I think it is far more likely that you are confused about how ICC ratings work. Take a harder look at that, and you may even solve your own problem.
    Lol. Your post is readily available to read. There is no such disagreement in your first post of this thread.

Btw, I'm not that stupid. I was tipped off by the fact that the shown rating never fluctuates for a win or loss but the in game rating does.

The in game rating has risen to 1742 last I checked while the rating on my home screen and the one shown for my offered games is still 1366.

Basically, unless ratings stay static in ICC, I'm pretty sure I know I have a bug.

Edit: I also just noticed that none of the ratings shown in my game history are 1366 either. I just lost a standard game so my rating has fallen back to 1718.
  14. Joined
    10 Apr '14
    Moves
    06 May '14 20:041 edit
    Also, what happened when I disagreed with you in my game analysis thread?

You assume that you are much more clever than anybody who isn't clearly smarter than you. It comes out in your condescending "advice."

Btw, I checked with stockfish DD for that game and it doesn't find my pawn advances as bad and even gives me an advantage until I blundered at the end of the game.
  15. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 May '14 21:22

I wouldn't really care except I can never get better players to accept my games and always get stuck playing weaker opposition. Does anybody know if this is a common issue and if there is a way to fix it?

Here is a game I played recently there just t ...[text shortened]... Qe5 Qxe5 31. Rxe5 O-O 32. Re2 Rc7 33. Re3 Bd6 34. Bxf6 gxf6 35. a3 Be5 {White resigns} 0-1[/pgn]
    I'd answer you but I don't talk to people under 1400. Sorry

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree