1. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 09:01
    Ridiculous I know. Just selected the wrong match from my list view of games and hit 'Resign Now' before realising I meant to resign from the game listed above it. Will just rematch, but wondered whether it can be undone? If not is it possible to resume play from the old position in the new game?

Thanks.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 11:41
    If you go to that games "game history" page, on the right side there should be an option to start a game from the shown position. You can move back or ahead through the game from the start to the final position when you resigned, and a new game can be set to start at that point.

When doing this you can also change opponents, select which color to play, select rated or unrated, and change the time controls, so basically you are setting up a new game from a preset position.

As far as I know it is not possible to undo a resignation so it looks like this is what you may want to do. I have never actually tried this feature.

Good luck, and I hope this works for you. Give it a try and come back to this thread and let us know if it accomplished what you want to do!
  3. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 11:48
    Thanks mw, just done that and it seems to work. Just waiting for my opponent to move now.
    Many thanks - didn't know about that feature
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 13:15
    Originally posted by FlyingWolf
    Thanks mw, just done that and it seems to work. Just waiting for my opponent to move now.
    Many thanks - didn't know about that feature
    Thanks for the feedback.

Does the newly created game include the old move history of the original game if you look at 'game history', or does it start as a new game showing no moves have been made?
  5. Northamptonshire, UK
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 13:36
    No move history showing - the board is as it was though when I inadvertently resigned, so I'm reasonably happy 🙂

I know you get the option to confirm a resignation before actually doing it, but for clots like me, I wonder if there would be any benefit in amending current functionality to be able to 'undo' a resignation in the event just this sort of thing happens in games? I can't be the only one that's done it.....

Kind regards,
    FW
  6. In your face
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 21:00
    Originally posted by FlyingWolf
    No move history showing - the board is as it was though when I inadvertently resigned, so I'm reasonably happy 🙂

I know you get the option to confirm a resignation before actually doing it, but for clots like me, I wonder if there would be any benefit in amending current functionality to be able to 'undo' a resignation in the event just this sort of thing happens in games? I can't be the only one that's done it.....

Kind regards,
    FW
    Mmmm I doubt it. You are given the option of 'are you sure?' before you resign a game. That should suffice really. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree