2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 15:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Everything Wrong With Humanity, In One Short Animation,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHJzuxvutOw
    Are aliens suffering from the same problem?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 15:24
    As if there was peace in the valley before humans came along.
  4. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 17:211 edit

Seems to me that this clip shows only ONE, (albeit an important one) aspect of what is wrong with humanity - the selfish and greedy destruction of the environment.

A far bigger problem of what is wrong with humanity is the cliched "Man's inhumanity to man", i.e. lovelessness, as frequently demonstrated on this very site.

It could be argued that if we were to consider EACH OTHER more, we would together look after our common environment better.

Still sad to watch, though.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 18:28
    The problem with man is in the heart. It is fatally sick and beyond repair.
    Man needs a new heart that comes with the new birth.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 18:42
    Originally posted by JS357
    As if there was peace in the valley before humans came along.
    there certainly was less pollution, more fish in the sea and no KFC
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 18:42

Robbie try to see a different perspective sometimes. There are bad things in the world but that doesn't make everything bad and therefore we need to join a religious organisation which claims to be the sole solution. Here is a different perspective if you care to watch it?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aj1Qs0EX8
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 18:441 edit
    It highlights the point that the problems we are facing are essentially spiritual, greed, consumerism, inflicting unnecessary pain on animals, destruction of the environment can all in some sense be traced to a lack of spirituality.
  9. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 19:07
    It highlights the point that the problems we are facing are essentially spiritual, greed, consumerism, inflicting unnecessary pain on animals, destruction of the environment can all in some sense be traced to a lack of spirituality.
    When you say spirituality, it seems to me you're really talking about having compassion,
    and caring for the world around you, but usually the word is used in some religious sense. I
    never could grasp what's so special about spirituality, if all it adds to the human capacity
    for empathy is religious context.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 19:40
    Originally posted by C Hess
    When you say spirituality, it seems to me you're really talking about having compassion,
    and caring for the world around you, but usually the word is used in some religious sense. I
    never could grasp what's so special about spirituality, if all it adds to the human capacity
    for empathy is religious context.
    yes this is exactly what I am saying, we are conscious of inflicting pain on others, it is the very essence of spirituality, this consciousness of suffering. Many people I have met are religious may lack empathy and compassion, what can be said of our spirituality if this is the case?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '14 20:54
    yes this is exactly what I am saying, we are conscious of inflicting pain on others, it is the very essence of spirituality, this consciousness of suffering. Many people I have met are religious may lack empathy and compassion, what can be said of our spirituality if this is the case?
    Did you take a few minutes to watch the clip I posted?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree