😴
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 01:52
    Originally posted by Eladar
    High of 70 degrees here in Oklahoma. Happy global warming, I'm loving it. 😀
    Not supposed to call it 'global warming' anymore, we're supposed to call it 'climate change'. It doesn't mean the same thing, but there are enough people who will assume it means the same thing and continue to help support the global warming and/or climate change movement to get the climate to stop changing all the time and get too hot, because that's really annoying. First it's too hot, then it's too cold... hows about a uniform moderate climate for the whole world? Who could possibly be against that?

Right wing reactionaries and extremists, that's who!!!

But forget about climate change, that's old news. There was something new in the news the other day... farts are actually good for you! They can help you live longer and stave off disease. Who knew?

beans, beans, the musical fruit
    the more you eat the more you toot
    the more you toot the better you feel
    so eat your beans with every meal
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 19:05
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2014/05/16/record-polar-ice-extent-debunks-antarctic-global-warming-scare/

Antarctic polar ice extent has set another new record, defying alarmist global warming claims. Surpassing the greatest month-of-April ice extent in recorded history, the new record throws cold water on alarmist claims that the Antarctic ice cap has crossed a melting point of no return.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 23:33
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Not supposed to call it 'global warming' anymore, we're supposed to call it 'climate change'. It doesn't mean the same thing, but there are enough people who will assume it means the same thing and continue to help support the global warming and/or climate change movement to get the climate to stop changing all the time and get too hot, because that's rea ...[text shortened]... the more you toot
    the more you toot the better you feel
    so eat your beans with every meal[/i]
    No the world is warming and that is [and causes] climate change.

Both are perfectly valid phrases and both have been used to describe this phenomena since long before you were born.

So you are wrong and ignorant as well as stupid.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '14 23:36
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2014/05/16/record-polar-ice-extent-debunks-antarctic-global-warming-scare/

[b]Antarctic polar ice extent has set another new record, defying alarmist global warming claims. Surpassing the greatest month-of-April ice extent in recorded history, the new record throws cold water on alarmist claims that the Antarctic ice cap has crossed a melting point of no return.
    [/b]
    Sea ice you cretin.

Sea ice doesn't change sea levels.

Land ice does, and the Antarctic LAND ice sheets are loosing mass and collapsing.

And 'Forbes' isn't a recognised scientific journal or valid news source on this issue.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '14 19:37
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Sea ice you cretin.

Sea ice doesn't change sea levels.

Land ice does, and the Antarctic LAND ice sheets are loosing mass and collapsing.

And 'Forbes' isn't a recognised scientific journal or valid news source on this issue.
    Did I say something about sea levels? Homey don't think so.

Quit trying to change the subject.

My comment was based on temps being lower than what global warmers like to believe it to be.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 01:06
    Did I say something about sea levels? Homey don't think so.

Quit trying to change the subject.

My comment was based on temps being lower than what global warmers like to believe it to be.
    One data point does not make an average.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 02:131 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    One data point does not make an average.
    Well a computer model does not make reality. The past 10-20 years are not one data point. I'm loving this summer and have loved several summers over the past decade or so. I live in a pretty hot area of the world that can have some very bad summers.

Here is another data point:

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/01/its-official-chicago-experienced-the-coldest-four-months-ever/
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 06:50
    Well a computer model does not make reality. The past 10-20 years are not one data point. I'm loving this summer and have loved several summers over the past decade or so. I live in a pretty hot area of the world that can have some very bad summers.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/04/01/its-official-chicago-experienced-the-coldest-four-months-ever/
    again, you confuse weather with climate.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Jul '14 07:25
    And its one that supports global warming. More extreme weather conditions are expected with global warming.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 00:43
    Funny how heat is seen as global warming, but when it is cool then it is just weather.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 00:44
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And its one that supports global warming. More extreme weather conditions are expected with global warming.
    I remember those computer models predicting cooling trends that would be classified as extreme weather conditions. Yeah yeah that's the ticket!
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    20 Jul '14 06:291 edit
    Funny how heat is seen as global warming, but when it is cool then it is just weather.
    "seen" by who? certainly not to many people including myself and all the scientists here and asp the climate scientists who all know the difference between weather and climate and no single weather event can be attributed to climate change whether the change is global warming or global cooling.

Science has shown that global warming is happening and the models predict greater variability in our weather with greater frequency of extreme weather events including flooding, drought, heatwaves, extreme hurricanes, blizzards and even extreme cold snaps -all of which is what we have observed in recent years exactly as predicted thus confirming the models.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree